Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • F1 2009
  • Conor
    Free Member

Well, what do you think it will be like? Another Hamilton-Ferarri season?

I like the look of the RB5… but it coudl well be a dog as it’s totally different from the other cars.

Redbull RB5

uplink
    Free Member

I think Renault are the key for 2009
    If they put together a half decent car, Alonso will get amongst the front runners & cause havoc – he may even do it anyway

Conor
    Free Member

Would be great to see Alonso, Vetell etc annoying hamilton and the ferraris. I wonder if Kovi will actually drive fast this season?

The-Beard

I don’t think anyone can call it. With the new rule changes it could be anyone’s year. Heard rumours Ferrari weren’t fully up to speed with the new regs and the like. I do think Renault could be front runners and I’d like to see Alonso up there fighting with the others.

One thing’s for sure, there will be a lot of broken front wings after the first corner at Bert Park…

thepurist

Apparently McLaren are in trouble because they’re using last year’s rear wing in testing, Renault are in trouble because the car’s not been quick so far in testing (until today), Toyota, BMW & Ferrari are in trouble because they’ve lost loads of testing time due to the sandstorms in Bahrain, Red Bull are in trouble because the rear end of the car is too tight for proper cooling, STR are in trouble because they’re launching the 09 car too late, and Honda are in trouble full stop. So it’s looking like Williams’ year then!

solamanda
    Free Member

That red bull car looks ace.

Conor
    Free Member

LOL, Williams!!

Think the RedBull care looks ace. But then again the Jordan cars looked good.. and they were useless.

hora
    Free Member

come on Vettel!!!

Strangelove
    Free Member

I dont think any of the cars look good this year. The front wing is too big and the rear is too high.
    The good thing is that the rule changes are so big this year that it is almost like starting with a clean sheet. Last years performance is no indication of this years but it will still probably be Ferrari and Mclaren at the front, unless one of them has made a monumental cock up in design (McLaren rear wing, Ferrari exhaust).
    It would be good to see another car in the mix as well, with the favourites to do so being BMW and perhaps the Renault in the hands of Alonso.
    Personally I would love to see Williams near the front again and these new regulations could be their chance

orena45

I’m slowly getting used the new size wings front and back…I think the cars look better in may ways as a result of getting rid of all those hideous winglets stuck on all over the place – the cars look much cleaner now.

thepurist

I’m getting to like the 2009 cars now – this comparison of the 2008 & 2009 BMWs shows just how convoluted the cars were becoming, the ’09 cars look so much cleaner and sleeker. The RB5 is the pick of the bunch so far this year, with the Renault at the other end of the scale.

orena45

Yeah that’s the pic I was trying to find to add to my post – you really can see how much difference there is!

glenh
    Free Member

But what about Senna?!

hora
    Free Member

Love Max’s economy drive for this season that includes a increase in the superlicence cost to almost £200,000 for the likes of Lewis. Plus Max/Bernie wanting teams to take a lower cut ‘because they are now saving money’. WTF? Everyone here know that the holding company (holds F1’s rights) is well overdrawn?!!

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

The 2009 cars look so much better, they look like a proper single seater should – sleek and simple. I just hope that the racing finally starts to get on terms with the junior Formulae at last!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It took me a few seconds to work out which was the front and which was the back there!!!

shteve
    Free Member

the RB5 seems to be putting together some decent times in testing. I don’t like the look of the 2009 spec car as the aero surface has been so restricted, it almost looks like we have gone back a few years. i’m also not sure if it will improve overtaking but one thing is definite, the first corner is going to be a huge thing as it is going to be so easy to lose the front wing.

Stoner
    Free Member

that’s not convoluted. For convoluted, you need extra wheels… 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Best looking F1 car ever…

FACT

conkerman
    Free Member

I like this one

wwaswas

nope, but this might be;

uplink
    Free Member

without a doubt – the 250 wins

wwaswas

ignore the pictures and listen…

best sounding f1 car ever.

FACT

all the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up.

thepurist

wwaswas – you’d love this then. A record that MrsP’s dad had for some reason…

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’m starting to like the look of the 2009 cars, they do have much cleaner lines.. The f+r wings may take a bit of getting used to..

BTW there are Rumours that Honda has a buyer and 5 sponsors lined up…

nickc

If it’s mad F1 cars you’re after, then look no further than the Bonkers-ness of the turbo-engined Brabham BT54’s. Turbo charged 1500cc BMW 4 cylinder Production line engine blocks, the older the better, Luftwaffe era fuel to stop the detonation problems, and 1400hp in qualifying trim. Piquet said that there were no niceties like racing lines, you tip toe’d round the corner, floored it on the straights, it wasn’t driving, it was hanging on for dear life…

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

If it’s mad F1 cars you’re after, then look no further than the Bonkers-ness of the turbo-engined Brabham BT54’s. Turbo charged 1500cc BMW 4 cylinder Production line engine blocks, the older the better, Luftwaffe era fuel to stop the detonation problems, and 1400hp in qualifying trim. Piquet said that there were no niceties like racing lines, you tip toe’d round the corner, floored it on the straights, it wasn’t driving, it was hanging on for dear life…

Very much like the Group B rally cars of the same era..

the BT55 was a pretty car, such as shame that Elio de Angelis was killed testing one at Paul Ricard. (I think it was Paul Ricard – the long straight?)

The-Beard

BTW there are Rumours

The only part of Rumours I’m interested in is the Chain… The Beeb better bring it back!!!

Here’s a lovely looking car:

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Beard – I agree! I’ll reword – There are whispers of a rescue deal.

Pook

pretty car

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

is that a type 49?

Pook

oh yes. you want sideways drift? This is the car for you. Beauty.

wwaswas

these drifted a bit too;

[url=http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2008/07/26-auto-union-type-d-concept/Bernd-Rosemeyer-Auto-Union-Type-C-lg.jpg]too big to post[/url]

Pigface
    Free Member

I read in a F1 book about Prost that BMW didnt know how much power their last turbo engine had in quali trim, the dyno didnt go high enough. I would last about 3 laps and then launch itself. Brilliant.

the-muffin-man

One of the best lookers IMHO…

After the initial shock, I’m beginning to think last years F1 cars look silly now. I think the new Ferrari looks very neat.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I like this video from Vettel/Red Bull re: the rule changes.

Gotta love that accent

orena45

Haha at the (7up sponsored) one above – How low can you go!?!

goon
    Free Member

Muffin Man is correct, that’s my favourite F1 car of all time. You can get a really good close look at one at the Single Seater Museum at Donington.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Would I be being too cynical, in suggesting the new designs might possibly be partly due to advertisers logos not being visible enough, with all the fiddly little winglets etc? The new design looks as though advertising logs would show up better, on TV screens…

That green 7-up car is pretty; looks a bit shark-like.

nickc

Rudeboy, in essence, yes the newer designs have moved away from all that aero stuff to make the cars more able to run in turbulent air, and the result is a simpler looking car, and part of that was to keep the the Sponsors (who, lets face it, bankroll the whole thing) happy. But partly they were getting out of hand as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘F1 2009’ is closed to new replies.