Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • F.O.D Mini Enduro – Who’s in?
  • sturdylad
    Free Member

As above

weeksy

When? My lad is in for the youngsters version on 12th.

sturdylad
    Free Member

20th October.

Did it in near perfect conditions 2 years ago, thankfully missed the mud fest last year.
    Now hoping things go in a biannual schedule and it’s another nice one!

marksnook
    Free Member

Yeah I am racing, it’s always a nice friendly chilled race. Local too so all my mates are there!

russyh
    Free Member

Yeah my local so planning to enter tonight

squealer
    Free Member

Group of us have entered, we’re fairly local so it’s a nice relaxed weekend.

Trying to persuade alex to enter with no luck so far.

mark88

What sort of trails are usually used for this? Off piste or marked? DH or trail centre?

sturdylad
    Free Member

I don’t know the area well but I think it’s mainly off piste stuff.
    Certainly didn’t look like well used trails when I did it a couple of years ago.
    I’m sure one of the locals will be along soon to confirm or correct!
    There were a few tricky bits but nothing super tough.

russyh
    Free Member

Depends, normally a mix bag of stuff scratched in, official DH and off piste stuff around Cannop ponds & Worcester lodge sort of area.  Generally no big features just muddy rooty standard FOD stuff.

Bigmantrials

Had a great time at the 2017 October Mini enduro, not ridden as much as I would have liked this year but have booked up to help get my mojo back!

If anyone wants a lift down from the Hinckley/Nuneaton/Coventry area I will have space.

stevey
    Free Member

Im in. After a few beers one night I thought that riding a mtb for 6 months again after 8 years off is perfect prep for it and just the thing haha! Not sure what to expect, what I’ve let myself in for but I’ll head through on the sat, check it out, then see what happens on the Sunday!

sturdylad
    Free Member

So the weather is looking promising for Sunday, any locals got an update on conditions or what they’re likely to be like after lots of rain and a day or so with less rain?

markoulini

I’m going. First enduro so looking forward to it.

Does it normally take in the GBU line? I cannot make that big drop!

See you there

Mark

russyh
    Free Member

It’s going to be bloody muddy, that’s for sure.  Fit proper tyres!

They won’t run GBU, likely several trails on the Worcester lodge side of the hill and likely half part of one of the old downhill tracks.  Think there are a couple of you tube videos of previous events which will give you an idea of what to expect.

see you on course Sunday

Bigmantrials

Looking forward to it, last Enduro I rode was this event in 2017 when it was bone dry. Proper tyres have been fitted for this one!

sturdylad
    Free Member

Just got a new minion dhr in the post to match the dhf on the front. Hopefully that’ll do. Bound to be better than what’s come off!

beltaine
    Free Member

Biblical rain in the Vorest yesterday…

sturdylad
    Free Member

Nice!!!
    We’re spoiled up here at Woburn as the water drains really quickly, some of the best days are after biblical rain.
    Guessing it’s not the same down there?

russyh
    Free Member

I would say it would be much better if we had lots of rain than the sloppy thick mud we will have after a week of torrential rain and a couple of days drying.

was planning on getting up today, but didn’t manage it.  So will just ride tomorrow.  I’m full of cold though.

i can’t get my head around the map that’s been posted, looks like some of the trails they have run before.  Possibly with Y2K thrown in, which if so I’m disappointed about.  That trail needs some love desperately after a summer of being hammered.  With the rain we have had and the number of riders likely to hit it several times during the race I can imagine it will be ruined.

marksnook
    Free Member

A mate rode the stages today and said it’s running real nice. Yeah it’s y2k (again!) supercross into g and t. Then some previous race stages
    Guess there is only so much you can run over there!

russyh
    Free Member

Prime FOD conditions yesterday, slippy, rooty fun.  Didn’t really shroud myself in glory given it’s my local.  But happy enough, enjoyable day out.

couple of things I went away thinking about.

1) why are people who are sponsored Entering into normal race categories, especially when the elite cat is so sparse

2) splitting the groups by age isn’t great when you are the edge of the age categories.  As such one of our mates rode on his own all day.  Would be nice to be able to ride with friends like you can in other formats.

marksnook
    Free Member

This was my last race in masters so I’m moving up to join the quick cats in veterans, bonus is we got 1 mate who rides on his own a lot in vets so at least he will get some company!
    I came in 33rd so average for me realistically. Crashed on y2k which is weird being I ride it a lot!
    It was a good race all in all I thought. Conditions turned in our favour for sure!
    Although we could do with some new stages I think!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘F.O.D Mini Enduro – Who’s in?’ is closed to new replies.