• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • External Dropper.. Specialized Command post vs ???
  • PolisherMan

Looking for external as I swap out the post to a rigid for bikepacking duties fairly often.

Have an early generation Reverb, which has failed and been serviced more times than I can remember. Just spent a happy hour reading up and I like the home service aspect of the Command post (Bit like my old favourite Gravity Dropper!) Or…do we believe the hype that the new Reverb has sorted out it’s gremlins?

BoardinBob

I like the home service aspect of the Command post

Link?

I have a command post and service info and bits are rarer than rocking horse excrement

nickjb
    Free Member

Very happy with my command posts. Easy to open up and regrease. Not sure what other service items you might require

mark90
    Free Member

I got the service kit for my command post from a specialized concept store, they had kits for stealth and non-stealth versions on the shelf. You will also need the seal head installation tool, again specific to the version of the post. I found videos service guides online when I did mine, it was pretty straight forward.

Edit: the service kit contained a full set of seals, o-rings and bushes. The brass guides on mine were fubar due to excessive top out force, probably due to over pressurisation by the previous owner.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I concur – I added ‘some’ pressure to my Command Post last night, and as a result my testicles are now located internally, just below my stomach.

Tracey

Running Command posts of various ages, internal and external, on all our bikes. Managed to break one of the earlier ones in the Summer and was sorted by Specialized UK. Was only saying at the weekend that the later ones that have multi setting don’t smack you as much as the others. Don’t know whether that’s a good or bad thing 😀

mark90
    Free Member

Given the state of the brass guides from where they had been impacting the steel stop ring in my post and the amount of brass shavings in there from the guides being forced past the stop ring I try to raise the post in a controlled manner with my bum to prevent the hard top out.

5lab

giant contact switch? way cheaper

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘External Dropper.. Specialized Command post vs ???’ is closed to new replies.