Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Extending a ride from the Fox House….?
  • Pook

I’ll be coming down from Houndkirk, then heading back to town over Totley/Blacka – what extension of a couple of hours can i stick on from here to make a bigger loop?

steveh

Not much that’s fun and legit. It’s a slightly awkward place to link extras to as we’ve looked too. Possibly worth thinking of extending the loop earlier on in the ride IMHO.

Pook

as i thought. I’m thinking maybe extending it at the end now. Drop down blacka, up to Ringinglow, down to Dam Flask and a little bit of singletrack i know that overlooks Rivelin….

MadPierre

This is about the best legit route I came up with from the Fox House. Quite a bit of tarmac to link things up but still a good ride: http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/routes/stanage.htm

Pook

cheers Pierre – but if i have that as an extension to my loop my route will be some 40miles long!!!

MadPierre

You don’t have to do it all!?

Maybe round to Stanage then down the Plantation descent / Bamford clough ‘n’ back up the road?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“as i thought. I’m thinking maybe extending it at the end now. Drop down blacka, up to Ringinglow, down to Dam Flask and a little bit of singletrack i know that overlooks Rivelin…. “

how do you get to Dam Flask from Ringinglow???

Pieface

Don’t know what route you’d be doing already so difficult to offer a suggestion.

Although for a short addition you can go along a short bit of bridleway along white edge, where the house stands on its own next to the Froggatt road. This takes you top the Grouse pub. Turn right up the road for about 100m and a bit of bridelway takes you back to the house.

Alternatively (and this involves alot of road climbing) ride the roads to Curbar gap. Theres a trail along the top the crags to wellington monument. Go down a bit then hang a right under the crags. Prolly best in the dry.

There’s definitely a lack of Bridleways around Hathersage

jackthedog
    Free Member

how do you get to Dam Flask from Ringinglow???

I wondered the same actually – And then to ride above rivelin after Dam Flask? Would all be a bit tarmaccy to link that lot up wouldn’t it?

Pook

dam flask/redmires – can never remember which it is. There’s a lovely bit of singltrack over the top of Rivelin valley though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Extending a ride from the Fox House….?’ is closed to new replies.