Ex's

Home Forum Chat Forum Ex's

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Ex's
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

just slap him about a bit….

Premier Icon Jon Taylor
    Subscriber

don’t walk, run.

Trampus

muppetWrangler is wrong.

RUN!

Beaten by JT.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Am I being silly if I get annoyed by the constant mention of ex’s with my current boyfriend?

Nope.

don’t walk, run.

This. For the hills….

shermer75

That would drive me crazy!

bigrich

point out your exes had much more satisfying members. that’ll shut him up.

jezabel

Am I being silly if I get annoyed by the constant mention of ex’s with my current boyfriend? I feel like I’m always being compared & I’m starting to wonder why he wants to be with me as they were obviously far better, at everything in incomparison.

Premier Icon oink1
    Subscriber

bigrich – Member

point out your exes had much more satisfying members. that’ll shut him up.
    πŸ˜†

globalti

Time for a swift EXit.

Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

Run – and take the apostrophe with you in case it comes in handy

shifter

All mine are in Texas…

All mine are in Texas…

… ride em cowboy … yeee haaaar!

Premier Icon Matt24k
    Subscriber

OP tell your OH that continually going on about an EX is likely to PO his current SO.

5thElefant

Start a huge row about something totally random and utterly unrelated. See if he can figure out what it’s really about.

ScottChegg

My missus had a bit of a trout lip when she found a password protected folder on my laptop called “Ex’s”

She relaxed a bit when it was shown to be short for ‘Expenses’

Mentioning the previous obsession is never cool.

samuri

Start a huge row about something totally random and utterly unrelated. See if he can figure out what it’s really about.

πŸ˜‰

To the OP though, yes, this is not acceptable.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I bet none of his ex’s would post on a forum for relationship advice.

arrpee

Start a huge row about something totally random and utterly unrelated. See if he can figure out what it’s really about

Arf!

ski

Every time he mentions an Ex. Just reply with a wonderful story about one of your Ex’s he should get the message pretty soon πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Just mention that your other boyfriend never talks about his ex.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Mostly terrible advice!

It may just be his insecurity. Politely and jokingly mention does he realise how often he does it. His reaction to being pointed out it’s a bit tiresome for a lady to hear this, will dictate next steps.

“Oh, crikey, sorry” – All good and you give a “Ah-ah-ah-no Benji” if he slips up.

“What do you mean? / Don’t be so sensitive” – Hills, run for.

ninfan

Depends

is this “my ex was so clever” and “my ex used to do the chicken and roasties in the same tin so they absorbed all the chicken flavour” type of annoying

or is it “my ex used to slip her finger up my….”

wrecker

My (now) wife used to do that. I just told her that I wasn’t interested in hearing about her ex’s. Just be honest, if he doesn’t like it then he can FRO.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Try, “I haven’t seen any of my Ex’s for ages”
    “Do you think I need a bigger Patio?”

natrix

“my ex used to slip her finger up my….”

My (now) wife used to do that

Overshare 😯

zippykona
    Just mention that your other boyfriend never talks about his ex

πŸ˜€

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Am I being silly if I get annoyed by the constant mention of ex’s with my current boyfriend? I feel like I’m always being compared & I’m starting to wonder why he wants to be with me as they were obviously far better, at everything in incomparison.

I think it’s probably perfectly natural if he’s not long out of a longish-term relationship. When someone’s been a big part of your life for a while then it’s hard to chat about anecdotes and discuss your past without bringing them up. I know I used to do it; “have you been to such-a-place before?” – “yeah, I went with my ex once” sort of thing. I never saw it as a problem as I wasn’t discussing her (to my mind), I was discussing me. I certainly wasn’t pining back after her! I didn’t realise it was a problem until my current pointed it out to me. So if that’s your situation a) I wouldn’t read anything into it and b) I’d consider nudging him about it.

That said, if it’s more a case of him gazing wistfully into the middle distance as he reminisces about happier times, or telling you how much better she was or something, that might be a bigger problem.

Good luck.

hmanchester

I went out with a girl who would ask a series of questions like this :

Have you been to X before?
    What did you think?
    Who did you go with?
    Why do you alway bring up your ex?

As Cougar says, if you’ve just shared a large chunk of your life with someone, it’s likely that they would come up in a conversation like the above.

The conversation above girlfriend didn’t last long. Chip on her shoulder about any other women in the world ever!

PJM1974

Unfortunately, I have to deal with MrsPJM1974’s ex frequently as he’s the father of her kids.

Given that she has a brain the size of a planet, three degrees and a lovely sense of humour it staggers me that she married a man who’d lose a battle of wits with a stuffed iguana. Speaking with him really is an exercise in self restraint sometimes, for his stupidity is only matched by his arrogance and pomposity.

I sincerely hope that she’s traded up…

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

As above, for a sensible response. When you go out with someone for a long time they become part of the furniture of your life so lots of your stories involve that person. I went out with a girl for ages who I really liked and was mostly a great laugh, but I wasn’t properly in love with her. I just wasn’t really aware of the situation, or didn’t want to admit it. When my now wife turned up it was obvious that she was the real thing, and I’ve not an ounce of regret, but the fact remains my ex was fun and we had some good times. You can’t really take that away.

People don’t really fit into neat boxes. Each relationship is a unique function of the two people involved. And since we are all different, our relationships are to.

Are you confident that you are both feeling the same way about each other in your new relationship? That’s the question.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I sincerely hope that she’s traded up…

Sounds like she has – to someone with an vast knowledge of scifi-comedy and the ability to drop quotes into forum posts seamlessly πŸ™‚

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I think you’re asking in the wrong place. I believe the correct procedure, when faced with such an issue, is to write to the problem pages of the Sun. They can then put together a sensitive and well thought through solution for you, like so….

PJM1974
    slowoldgit

OP used plural of Ex, and they. If it were one really significant other and a sad ending, it would be time for a hug and shoulder to cry on and rampant sex.

It seems not. Move on, don’t look back.

jackthedog

Been there. Get out while you can.

Premier Icon rugbydick
    Subscriber

My missus had a bit of a trout lip when she found a password protected folder on my laptop called “Ex’s”

She relaxed a bit when it was shown to be short for ‘Expenses’

What are you sticking through your expenses that needs to be hidden from the missus???

Premier Icon Del
    Subscriber

damn you binners! what happens with Kitty and Ted?
    πŸ˜€

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I’m going to guess that there’s a happy ending πŸ˜€

slowoldgit

So ScottChegg is really an MP then.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Ex's’ is closed to new replies.