Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Exposure Toro problems…
  • oxym0r0n

New light kept cutting out/turning off this evening, whenever I came to a tricky piece of trail on setting 1 and 4. Is there some clever setting I don’t know about that turns it off on different gradients (before I kick up a stink!!!)

Thanks. Very annoyed as it lost me 1 or 2 places in the race 🙁

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Hhmm I think the same happened to me Friday night same light. I kept tapping the back to get the light back on. I have no answer I am afraid but interested in replies. I was in setting 4 all night (3 hour ride)

oxym0r0n

Is yours a mk7? Yeah had to keep turning mine back on – a bit tricky as there is a delay in turning back on again and didn’t know when it was going to go off again

rickon
    Free Member

Everything breaks. USE are excellent with their customer service, contact them.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Mark 6

oxym0r0n

Ostdr – setting 1 is reflex enabled, setting 4 is not, I think – I wondered whether it might be the reflex too, which is why I tried both.

Hmm so a problem with mk6 and 7. Anyone else any experience as to whether this is a problem or a “feature”? Thanks

rickon
    Free Member

I’ve got a MK7, had it for just over a year. No problems in 1 or 4. It’s not Reflex mode, that doesn’t just switch it off, it reduces the output based on speed, inclination and bumpiness.

It sounds like its overheating and cutting out.

Contact USE, they’ll warranty it and fix it. They are great to deal with, I sent back a 2 year old Diablo, and they replaced the battery for free.

oxym0r0n

Great, rickon – that’s helpful. Just needed some reassurance that it wasn’t some wierd setting I had missed!

oxym0r0n

Finally got a replacement on Tuesday just in time for a race today – nightmare Christmas delay 👿

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Toro problems…’ is closed to new replies.