• This topic has 13 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Exposure Sprak MK3 – Lanyard???
  • shindiggy
    Free Member

Picked up a new light as per the title of the post, but i’m either being incredibly thick (most likely) or the light and supplied lanyard aren’t compatible with each other.

Where are you meant to attach it? My previous joysticks have all had the tab with the holes present to attach a lanyard, but the spark doesn’t and seeing how crap the bar mount is I can see the light bouncing off and being lost imminently without one.

jimdubleyou

Doesn’t the lanyard loop through itself around the body of the light and slide along to the grooves on the end?

Edit: like this

Image result for exposure lanyard

wwaswas

the slot that goes round at the end – there’s just enough give in the small cord to pass it around there once, loop it and do it again. It can’t come off without a bit of faffing about so is safe.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Unfortunately not, I’ve tried all of the above before posting but the lanyard loop is far too short to even loop around and through once.

wwaswas

literally just did mine. Did you get yours in the USE sale? It should be the same.

shindiggy
    Free Member

I did indeed pick up in the sale, the lanyard loop however is notable shorter than the lanyard for my joystick which works fits fine.

I’ve used my spare one now, so problem solved. The short one will make a nice addition to my keys to stop me loosing them.

Cheers for your help though, much appreciated.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Also, looks like a great little commuting light, especially for £16 as i already had a collection of CR123 batteries and charger.

wwaswas

I got the complete spark/flash/CR123’s plus charger for £30 posted – seems like a bargin even if I mostly use the spark for dog walking!

stevemorg2

Anyone know if I can run an 18650 cell in a Spark instead of the CR123s? I have asked USE and they promised to get back to me with an answer but haven’t

shindiggy
    Free Member

I can dig my 18650’s out and let you know if they for work.

stevemorg2

that would be great – cheers

shindiggy
    Free Member

And I now know why mine was an Exposure outlet, thing keeps turning off/dimming/flickering after 30 seconds of use. Time for a return.

Flaperon

I didn’t get a lanyard with any of my Exposure lights, think it was a typo in the manual.

DrP

mine had a TINY hole in the end cap…. hard to find actually (fnar fnar)… lanyard goes through that!

DrP

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Sprak MK3 – Lanyard???’ is closed to new replies.