Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Exposure Maxx-d not retaining charge?
  • scotroutes

Maybe someone else has noticed this and can tell me if it’s normal…

My Maxx-D Mk11 loses about 30% of its charge if left for a week unused after being fully charged. I’m going to try some deeper analysis of it but I don’t think modern batteries should be as lossy as this.

I know Exposure have a good after-sales reputation so I’ll be hoping to hear from them next week too.

mariner
    Free Member

Leave it on charge for several days.
    That sorted my Diablo.

thorpedo

I had a similar problem which turned out to be the “smart charging” feature was being activated if I switched the charger off before unplugging the cable from the light. Disconnecting the cable from the light before switching the charger off solved it. Alternatively switch the light on and off after charging clears it.

scotroutes

I had a similar problem which turned out to be the “smart charging” feature was being activated if I switched the charger off before unplugging the cable from the light.

That’s interesting. Mine seems to default back to Mode 1 after every charge too. I’ll try your suggestion of unplugging before switching off.

Del

Don’t store it fully charged, it’s not conducive to long life for li-ion batteries. Store in a cool place partly charged.
    Edit – also the exposure units don’t charge to 100% unless you switch the charger on before you plug it in.

andycs

Spoke to Exposure the other day regarding this. Was told to unplug light from charger before turning off mains power. They also had no problem with me leaving light fully charged.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Maxx-d not retaining charge?’ is closed to new replies.