Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exposure Max-D Intermittent failure when wet
  • scratch
    Free Member

I’ve been running a 2011 S/H Max D for a 4 months, it’s not had a great deal of usage previously and only ever fails in the wet, usually after a couple of hours on the commute home in the drizzle.

The light cuts out completely, in lit area’s I’ll not always notice immediately which is a bit dodgy on junctions etc, It’ll then not turn back on straight away, I can usually get it going again in ‘Full’ mode, switching through the settings usually turns it back off again, anyone experienced this? Rough cost of an Exposure refurb?

stcolin
    Free Member

I have the same light, no issues so far. If it’s a 2011 model, still within warranty?

scratch
    Free Member

Nah it’s a Second hand unit.

STATO
    Free Member

Sounds like a failed seal and damaged circuit. I got my Joystick fixed (out of warrenty) for a total of £7 for a similar problem.

Exposure are pretty good at the repairs (and for decent cost) but they are not a shop so may take a few weeks to sort everything out for you.

Aidan
    Free Member

Have you got one of those rubber bungs to put in the charge-port?

They come as standard with this year’s lights. A little water getting into there can confuse the internals and make the light switch itself off.

If that isn’t it, then you’ll probably have to send it back..

closetroadie
    Free Member

I have a Joystick that does the same. Sucking water out of the charger port seems to help.
    I did enquire about getting some of the plug seals that are on the new ones but didn’t get an answer so instead I just plug the hole with some Blu-Tac

scratch
    Free Member

Ah, I’ll try the blue-tac!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Max-D Intermittent failure when wet’ is closed to new replies.