Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exposure lights, reflex+ gizmo. As clever as it sounds?
  • rockhopper70

Following on from my what lights thread, I have seen a couple of exposure lights with decent savings. So to avoid buy cheap, by twice etc, might plump for one.

They have a speed, dangle angle sensor gubbins which appears to adjust power to suit terrain etc. Does that work OK, sounds quite clever, but solves a problem that perhaps doesn’t need solving by another means that a button? I appreciate (hope) it can be switched off (for road) but it does sound cool if it works.

Any experience of using this?

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve a light with reflex (an actual reflex from bitd).

Works well, dims when up hill and slow and then goes up a lot of notches on downhill.

The only downside is that the battery life indicator is making wild guesses at the amount of descents you are going to do.

jimdubleyou

All of the exposure lights I have with reflex have modes where you can turn it off.

They are usually the slightly dimmer, more appropriate for road modes too.

oikeith

reflex on my Maxx-D works well, dims on the ups and brigthens when I start pedalling. I have tap on my diablo which is a faff so has been turned off.

scotroutes

Aye, works fine, even if only for the auto-dim when stopped.

abingham

I haven’t really used it properly yet (only bought my new lights in Spring so waiting for the nights to draw in) but preliminary testing looks promising. I’ve only had it on the lowest power Reflex setting so far. Worth noting that (on the Six Pack at least) the max lumens output is only achieved using the highest Reflex programme I think, meaning the highest manual setting gives slightly less than the highest Reflex output.

Daffy

Reflex – works
    Reakt – works
    Peloton – works
    Daybright – works
    Tap – sucks! Even on the least sensitive setting where you have to basically punch yourself in the head, it still manages to switch modes all on its own.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exposure lights, reflex+ gizmo. As clever as it sounds?’ is closed to new replies.