Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Exposure lights advice
  • lipseal
    Free Member

Would like some real life input regarding MaXx d and the Six pack. I’m using a Hope 4 bar mounted with a Diablo MK3 on the melmet at the moment but would like a wire free set upon the bars. Do the exposure lights wobble about when mounted,how do they measure up with light output and battery run times. Plus anyone using a Luminous S1? Thanks.

4ndyB
    Free Member

I have a MaXx D Mk4, it’s rock solid on the bars, even after 2 crashes at Mountain mayhem it did not budge a mm

I’ve only compared it against my DX Magicshine 900 lumen light, it’s so much better, no hot spot and a much better beam spread

lipseal
    Free Member

My mistake its a Mk2 Diablo. 🙄

weeble
    Free Member

I race 24 hour solo and use a six pack on my bars, very secure set up no wobble, I use the medium setting which equates to 900 lumens and will keep going for 10 hours. THe high setting is 1800 lumens and goes for just under two hours. Good spread of light which has fantasic depth and penitration.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

as 4andy not a problem rock solid even over rock gardens 😀

I use a MaxxD and have had a Enduro2 in the past and really rate them

daveh
    Free Member

10% off preorder exposure 2012 lights at rutland if you’re interested.

lipseal
    Free Member

Looking at last years light as they are a bit cheaper TBH

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I use a six pack with a joystick and love them for racing, both on medium setting. A Six pack with the Diablo might be a bit overkill.
    Don’t think the Diablo has a long run time setting though? Only problem with it.

lipseal
    Free Member

I use the diablo on the medium setting, for me it’s ok. So a Six pack might be too much.

gee
    Free Member

Had a Six Pack and a couple of Maxx-Ds over the past few years. The Six Pack is overkill unless you need the burn time – the MaxxD is an awesome trail/24hr team light. The Six Pack is just huge so probably best kept for 24hr soloists. On the helmet I use a Diablo – again excellent although I use it on the middle setting to increase burn times. Even on middle it’s ample. The bar mounts do wear after a few years – I’ve just replaced the mount on my 2007 versions for this reason – cheap to do though.

Highly recommended!

GB

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve got a Maxx-D and its been spot on. When you say you want a wireless setup, it really is the way to go. Take it on and off in seconds without any faff. Like others have said, the mount is rock solid. And, as you’ve probably already discovered with your Diablo, you’ll use it for more than a bike light (they’re especially useful with the silicone diffuser caps!).

I know I said wireless is the way to go, but the remote switch is rather handy and saves wear on the main switch. Look at this for a better fixing option for it too (scroll down to about mid-way): Switch Mod.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

d45yth – assuming thats you on the other forum with the mod 🙂

great design, do you have a bit more detail on how to make it? and exactly what bits i need etc? i love the remote switch, but the velcro is crap, it always moves around, and sometimes cannot be bothered sticking it on due to this….however if it was a attachment like yours it would be pretty stable and easy to put on/take off!

any help appreciated!

lipseal
    Free Member

TBH I have never seen a Max D fitted, it doesn’t look too big. Look’s like the Hope 4 is going up for sale then.

Coleman
    Free Member

Lights in a can defo the way to go. Got these Maxx D’s last year and so far faultless and rock solid on the mounts.
    Look mahoosive in the piccie- not that bad in the flesh-honest!

Also have 2 sets of 2008 Enduro Maxx which still exceed the manufacturers run time of 3hrs on full power.
    Use a Diablo for commuting on the road- also great.
    Like both Trout and Luminous units, great value and latest technology, although not seen any in the flesh. Luminous cans looked good last year but didn’t seem a great improvement on the Exposure’s.

d45yth
    Free Member

Oscillate Wildly, that is me on Mtbr. I’ll either update my Mtbr post or create a new one on here…would have done it tonight but I’ll be able to take some better pics tomorrow.
    I’ll keep you posted on here anyhow. 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers d45yth, id really appreciate it, as it will probably be sold otherwise or sit here redundant this winter 🙁

d45yth
    Free Member

Now then, I’ve updated my light switch mod on Mtbr. I’ve left it on there so it’s easier to find! Scroll down to post 7.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Exposure lights advice’ is closed to new replies.