Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Exposure Joystick MK10 wan't charge
  • agnik1
    Free Member

Hi
    I have bought a new light but after one ride it doesn’t want to charge. I have tried different chargers (original charger and few USB chargers) but none worked. According to manual after connecting the light to the charger, the green LED indicator on the charger should turn red but in my case the green LED stays on no matter how long the light is connected. I’m wondering if some one else has had a similar problem or am I just doing something wrong?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Umm you are turning the light off before plugging it in to charge? Curious by what you mean when you say the light stays green.

mboy
    Free Member

Contact the Exposure guys, email probably best given the time of year. It’s rare, but it’s not unknown for one to fail in the way you describe. Crucially, Tom and the guys at Exposure will sort you out as soon as physically possible. Fortunately for you, their backup and warranty is 2nd to none, so you’ll be fine.

Just been playing with my new Joystick Mk10 too, Xmas present to myself. Shocked at how much more light it chucks out (not so much the throw, more the spread) when compared to my old Mk7 version next to it. On full 800 lumen mode it’s probably enough light to use on its own offroad, with only the 1.5hr run time against it.

agnik1
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member
    Umm you are turning the light off before plugging it in to charge? Curious by what you mean when you say the light stays green.

I mean the LED on the charger should turn red from green after connecting the light but it stay green all the time.

#mboy
    It is my early Christmas present too. Yes it is a very good light (even after one ride).
    I’ll contact them definitely and I’m sure they will sort it out.

Just wondering if anyone had a similar problem before.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

My MaxxD did the same thing a few years back, it had to go back to have the circuit board replaced inside the light only took a couple of days.

agnik1
    Free Member

I have tried to upload a photo from my first night riding with the light.
    Night riding

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I mean the LED on the charger should turn red from green after connecting the light but it stay green all the time.

It might be fully charged! Let the light run for half an hour and try again?

stuc
    Free Member

How long did you run the light for?

From memory I think my USE light instructions said the LED turns green with about 5% still to charge, and the last 5% is ‘trickled’ over an hour.

agnik1
    Free Member

#PeterPoddy – The light is not turning on and I suspecting the same fault as #dvatcmark had.

The light was used for about 1,5h of ride and definitely when I finished my ride the light was working. I left the light for a day or so. After that it did not turn on nor charge. Anyway I’ll send it back and as soon as I get an update from Exposure I’ll post it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Joystick MK10 wan't charge’ is closed to new replies.