• This topic has 35 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nixie.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Exposure – how customer service should be
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Problem with the remote switch on my Strada light. Emailed them yesterday with a photo. New one arrived in the post today. Great work 🙂

PolisherMan

That’s exactly the sort of thing I like to here.!

Having just bolted my brand new maxx d to my bars. Pay proper money and (hope) to get proper service… 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

I dropped my strada on the concrete floor in the bike shed last year, light then wouldn’t work. Contacted exposure to explain what happened, the said send it back, they repaired free of charge, battery came lose, and didn’t charge for return postage.

Remote switch also stopped working, replacemnt delivered the next day.

Great products and a after sales great service.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh yes. I love the guys at exposure.

No bullshit.

Treat the. With respect tell the truth and they will do their darndest to get you going again without it costing an arm and leg.

They also support UK racing which is a big plus for me.dont see 7dayshop /ebay doing that

joshvegas
    Free Member

My revo came back with a note.

“We fixed it dont put the output from the hub into the outputof thelight again.”

mrblobby
    Free Member

“We fixed it dont put the output from the hub into the outputof thelight again.”

😆

whitestone
    Free Member

“We fixed it dont put the output from the hub into the output of the light again.”

I’ve heard of one or two people doing that (not me, I don’t have one), a slight design flaw methinks. Yes it’s user error but shouldn’t be possible. A smaller socket on the output port would prevent it.

I’ve a Joystick and am very happy with it – the above is just about the Revo not a dig at Exposure 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

But render the output no use for any existing red eyes ..

orena45

Ah, interesting to hear about the remote’s being replaced quickly and easily.

Are these older lights so you’ve gone direct to Exposure rather than lights still under warranty where you normally need to go back to the place of purchase? Bought a Strada 1000 a couple of months ago and the remote has stopped working recently but was going to wait til the spring time as I presume I’d need to send the whole unit back to the shop for them to sort, so would be without a light for a week or two.

whitestone
    Free Member

But render the output no use for any existing red eyes

Good point. Just ship a very short converter lead – yes it’s another connection and a bit of extra cost – but the visual clue of the lead in the back of the unit would reduce user error (I’d hope!)

mrblobby
    Free Member

orena45, in my case the rubber button part of the remote had fallen out somehow so not just a case of stopped working. I just emailed Exposure directly with proof of purchase and a photo.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh I’m with you Whitestone. Could also make the input connector bigger so it won’t fit in the other

But itseems exposures AVE decided the revos a non viable product line and won’t be developing it further which is a shame said have like to have seen a road beam strada style version

Gary_M
    Free Member

Are these older lights so you’ve gone direct to Exposure rather than lights still under warranty where you normally need to go back to the place of purchase?

I bought mine in October 2016, remote went a bit temperamental in December ’16 so I just emailed exposure and they sent me a new one.

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s a niche product I’ll give you that. I notice neither CRC or Evans now list it and while Wiggle list it all options are out of stock. Beginning to look like Klite is the only show in town regarding off-road dynamo lights.

hedley
    Free Member

Another +1 for their customer service.

Also a +1 for their build quality. My joystick went through a full wash and 1200 spin (had left it in my bag) and it came out working fine and has ever since.

Was impressed as it had fallen out of the bag so was rattling around in the drum as well.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Was impressed as it had fallen out of the bag so was rattling around in the drum as well.

Please do not try this at homes kids……..

nixie

Hmm maybe I should get in touch with them about the laughable run time of my new Diablo and the useless tap feature. One hour on max, I don’t think so! Getting low battery warnings around the hour mark despite using a mix of high for down and low for everything else. The tap feature sounds great but in practise the light never stays on the mode I want, normal changes several times per downhill run!

// rant over

jkomo

I emailed them to say my link had come off the helmet mount on a commute and been lost.
    I explained I wasn’t expecting them to do anything but to let them know in case there was a problematic mount design or something.
    Anyway they didn’t reply even to say tough shit.

onewheelgood

The tap feature sounds great but in practise the light never stays on the mode I want, normal changes several times per downhill run!

You did read the bit in the manual where it says only use TAP mode if the light is helmet mounted, yes?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Hmm maybe I should get in touch with them about the laughable run time of my new Diablo and the useless tap feature. One hour on max, I don’t think so!

So it’s not just me then… I called Evans about it they said to send it in. Still to do it, but I’m confident that Exposure will sort it out

13thfloormonk

another +1, can’t actually remember what I sent my old Joystick back for, but it was probably something to with it sitting and gathering dust in a box for a year or two.

Either way they fixed it, cheap, and got it back to me pronto.

Might sound counter-intuitive but I think it’s good to be able to get stuff fixed rather than just replaced f.o.c, seems less wasteful that way.

nixie

You did read the bit in the manual where it says only use TAP mode if the light is helmet mounted, yes?

Yeap. It is helmet mounted and also on the less sensitive setting.

So it’s not just me then… I called Evans about it they said to send it in.

Mine also came from Evans. Wonder if there has been a bad battery batch. I’ve been meaning to do a static runtime test of full to double check I’m not imagining things.

It’s a shame as if feels really nicely out together, just doesn’t quite meet expectations.

onewheelgood

Yeap. It is helmet mounted and also on the less sensitive setting.

Fair enough. I disabled Tap on mine too. I won my Diablo in a comp, so can’t really complain. I did buy a support cell so that I could use it at Mayhem – no way the standard battery would have lasted long enough.

nixie

I’m going to contact them directly to see if it is possible for it to be reprogrammed to be even less sensitive. I have wondered if is the weight causing it to bounce on the helmet. Don’t want to have to do it but was considering a remote on the helmet as the button in the back is way too small.

Flaperon

Mine also came from Evans. Wonder if there has been a bad battery batch.

Hmm… and mine. Went back once because the battery drained while it was off and a single tap of the power button would turn it on. Think they replaced the board but not the switch or battery. It’s doing it again now but out of warranty.

I think they had a phase where emails were missed as I had a couple ignored. Tried again six months later and prompt and helpful replies.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Yeah the guys are very very good, support me as a retailer very well too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ive bought 2 use lights from exposure. Both DOA.

Everything I bought direct works fine.

Won’t bother with Evans again.

dove1

Mine also came from Evans. Wonder if there has been a bad battery batch. I’ve been meaning to do a static runtime test of full to double check I’m not imagining things.

I did a static test on my Mk8 Diablo last night after reading this thread.
    On the highest power setting it lasted 1hr, 26mins. Stated run time is 1hr.
    After about 55mins the indicator stopped flashing red and went off but the light stayed on for another half an hour.

joshvegas
    Free Member

a slight design flaw methinks

Its a complete design flaw. Something you use in the dark that has two identical ports one in one out. Plan involving glow in the dark paint to be actioned.

whitestone
    Free Member

@joshvegas – I was being slightly sarcastic 😉 Yes, properly odd: Conversation at the design stage – “Surely no idiot is going to connect an input voltage to the output?”, “I wouldn’t have thought so, order double the number of those connectors”.

Never overestimate customers 😆

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its compounded by the fact it sits above the bar sometimes and upside down under thebar depending on bike.

Which ofcourse switch which port is in which location.

😆

Other than that though i likeit alot.

nixie

Just (finally) run time tested my diablo Mk9. Got low bat warning flash at 38 minutes and light off at 55 minutes on full. Not great!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Those of you doing static tests…. You are aware they need air flow to stay cool.

They get incredibly hot if they don’t get airflow.

This shortens run time considerably

dmorts

They’ve just sorted me a new charger for my Joystick, arrived next day

ernie

And on the flip side i had a custom etched USE stem that developed a wierd lump i.e. an area about 3mm bulged and split. I returned the stem and it was blamed on wrong bike cleaner. I work for network rail and have ready acces to many chartered engineers who called bs. USE refused to budge and even asked if i wanted to buy another off them.

nixie

Those of you doing static tests…. You are aware they need air flow to stay cool.

Yeap, had a fan pointing at it for cooling.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Exposure – how customer service should be’ is closed to new replies.