Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Exposure helmet mount too long for helmet – am I missing something obvious?
  • nickdavies

Just picked an exposure light up in the sales and the helmet mount that I thought was really cool doesn’t fit my helmet!
    It’s too long, so won’t tighten through the hole. Trying to avoid cutting it down and can’t find anything in the house to use as a spacer.

Am I missing something obvious here before I go and buy some Perspex and get jiggy with the hacksaw?

Edit: obvious missed but found just as I clicked post, headset spacer.

deluded
    Free Member

You should have been supplied two different lengths of nylon hex bolt – you’re missing the smaller one.

I can’t find them as stand alone Exposure accessories without purchasing the whole bracket mount.

This is a link from a previous STW thread, should you wish to get some made up – http://www.componentforce.co.uk/category/456/hex-socket-head-cap-screws

nickdavies

Ta, but I actually have both hex bolts. The 2 actual parts of the bracket meet before the bolt bottoms out. Not that impressed but it must just be my helmet is unusually thin.

Upgraded the headset spacer bodge to a bb spacer bodge and it’s perfect now, apart from the slightly rounded hex bolt 😳

Vortexracing

just trim the inside portion until it clears

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Exposure helmet mount too long for helmet – am I missing something obvious?’ is closed to new replies.