Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Exposure helmet mount alternatives
  • woody2000

I have a 661 helmet which I just cannot get the exposure helmet mount secure on, even using the short bolt. The vents are too wide and shallow and it will not tighten up. Anyone got any bodges or alternatives?

andybrad

i 3d printed one
    but it wasnt for exposure. In the end i put some foam padding and used the exposure one.

scotroutes

There’s an Exposure adapter for fitting to any Go Pro style mount.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/exposure-adhesive-helmet-mount-clip/

marksnook
    Free Member

I use the go pro mount. My smith helmet has those funny straw type things in so couldn’t use the regular mount. Sticky pads on the mount haven’t budged l winter and the fact I can clip it on and off very easily is a big bonus

nixie

Following the link to wiggle. You can also buy the whole assembly shown in the picture (the greyed out bit). It sticks onto the helmet.

scotroutes

Yeah, lots of helmets now come with their own camera mounts too.

Painey
    Free Member

I bought the go pro mount and then a cheap stick on adapter (off ebay) that goes on my fox flux lid. Works a treat.

woody2000

Looks like I need to check out the gopro mount then – cheers 🙂

zippykona

If you don’t need to adjust your light the lock blocks are good. Think on one do them now.

Poopscoop

lock blocks are good

Got a link mate? Can’t seem to find what they are one Google? Thanks!

freeagent
    Free Member

Exposure GoPro mount from Wiggle + GoPro shoe from eBay – i fixed the Gopro shoe on with a coupel of cable ties and some Sugru to stop it moving about.
    Works very well.

benp1

I used a rubber block cut to shape to allow me to sufficiently tighten up the plastic bolt. Gives me about 15mm more height so also means I can fit my diablo as well as my joystick in my Kask Mojito

andy5390

Trim one of the halves of the mount with a knife, then the bolt if necessary.

Poopscoop

Cheers Zippy.👍

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Exposure helmet mount alternatives’ is closed to new replies.