Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Exposure 24/12 your thoughts and pics please!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Mine well no pics but a great event probably the best I have done for a while great course(I only did 12hr) 😉 .Great atmosphere shame I had to head back instead of going to the Grapes for the free bar!!!!.
    Well one Sara and crew and Steve for the pain killers tad sore now and well done all competitors.

Rich

rickon
    Free Member

I wasn’t there, but have to say a massive congratulations to my Team Captain Huw Thomas (of Loco BM Racing – sponsored by Loco Tuning), who won the Rookie Jersey for 12 hour solo, and finished 2nd overall in the 12 hour solo.

Massively good effort for him, he’s been coming into form recently and is a scary presence at the moment.

Well done also to Matt Page, another local lad – fantastic result, I followed him on XCracer’s Twitter page, proper good fight between him and Ant White – who also did brilliantly.

Also well done to Mark Spratt, again another local lad – finished 1st in the vets 24 hour solo. Really nice chap, and so talented.

Well done to all that raced throughout the night, from the photos I’ve seen it looked like a tough course.

Cheers chaps

Ricks

Drac

Steve for the pain killers

*Cough*

wwaswas

joolze dymond has all her pics online now;

http://www.joolzedymond.com/joolzeD/24exposure11.html

rickon
    Free Member

Ooo… and well done to anthoer two local lads – Simon Smith – 3rd in the 24 male open, and Luke Morris – 5th in the 24 male open.

Fantastic results lads.

Legends.

Drac

We were watching Simon Smith just keep a good steady pace through out the race, he was sitting in fourth for most of it but just kept on going. Well deserved 3rd.

DavidB
    Free Member

How much of the Newcastleton trails did the course use? Was it over the red run?

postierich
    Free Member

Cheers Drac 🙂

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

struggling to think of another event I’ve done where its been that wet and the riding has been that good.
    excellent course and organisation that “just worked” which no doubt means a lot of effort went into it behind the scenes.

managed to squeeze in 13 laps in the vets category, having fended and foraged for myself during the whole event I would put a bit crew at the top of the do differently list for next time 🙂

Matthew

tollah
    Free Member

by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

terrahawk
    Free Member

sheldon – any chance I can use this on my blog?

tollah
    Free Member

Yeah for sure if you could acknowledge it’s mine that would be cool.

postierich
    Free Member

Great pics Sheldon!

terrahawk
    Free Member

will do – cheers (how do I download a copy off flickr?)

tollah
    Free Member

Email and I’ll send a lo Rez over tonight and a full hi Rez over tomorrow night when I fire up the pc again.

tollah
    Free Member

Cheers Rich!

postierich
    Free Member

Thats Terrahawk 🙂

vdubber67
    Free Member

Awesome event. My first 24 solo. Loved it, and found it a lot easier than I thought. In hindsight I could have pushed it a lot more!

Course was brilliant. Mud made it tough in places, but the singletrack was superb and all weather.

All credit to the organisers too – a brilliant job.

Some non-arty pics. One of me at the end, and one about 3am trying to remember how brake pads work! 🙂

vdubber67
    Free Member

Oh, and what about the girl with the crazy leggings, and crazier painted bike who did the full 24hr, pitting ‘out of a cardboard box’?

Now that’s hardcore! Glad she won a spot prize. 🙂

wenanwhere
    Free Member

BRUTAL BUT BRILLIANT.

joolzed
    Free Member

Just so you know the ‘Before & After’ shots are uploaded 🙂

Headshots

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Few initial thoughts from me: http://www.killerkielder.co.uk

What were everyone’s funniest moments of the race? Hearing Ant’s playlist being pumped out at the end of the race was pretty amusing, happy hardcore all the way, his secret has now been revealed, ridiculous bpm to match the cadence! Also seeing a drum kit being setup by a guerilla in the woods was random but they didnt stay long?

Matt

nonk
    Free Member

nice blog that mate.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

cheers nonk

wenanwhere
    Free Member

My garmin: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/85001420

lap function went a bit wrong but you get the general idea.

xc-steve
    Free Member

@wenanwhere what garmin did you use to get 22hours of use?!

doodlebug
    Free Member

Edge 205

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Power monkey strapped under the stem for a few hours in the night gave it full charge, dont bother with the biking specific one just get a normal one and put it in a pouch.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Exposure 24/12 your thoughts and pics please!’ is closed to new replies.