Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Experience with 2012 DT Swiss 150 EXM?
  • robsoctane
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve been tempted to purchase this fork. Bolt thru, Launch Control 2 150mm.

Has anyone got experience with it please? I’m asking because everything I read on the net simply doesn’t mention much about the actual ride, just how stiff they are…

Thanks in advance!

robsoctane
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd! – has anyone had/used these forks then? Anyone know someone with them?

spectabilis
    Free Member

Been running a set for a fair few months now and they are awesome ! best fork i’ve had (owned RS,Fox n Marzocchi)
    They take a bit of setting up to get right IME but once dialled in are fantastic so smooth.
    The controls are really nice and precise and build quality excellent.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robsoctane
    Free Member

Thanks Spec’. Glad you said that because I’ve now ordered them! Can you confirm they’ll be a better ride than my current Fox 130 RL? I’m sure you’ll say yes though! Haha

I don’t get how all of the ‘reviews’ on the net are much more like spec lists…

Do you find they’re more linear than Fox by the way? And what about small bump compliance? Heard somewhere they’re a more firm fork than the usual suspects. That’s why I’m asking here, there’s no substitute to real world trail reviews!

Cheers

strike
    Free Member

The EXM150 is a really good fork. I’ve been running a set for 18months. I would say they are quite linear in feel. Most of the reviews you will have read are for the Twinshot/Singleshot forks – they are more linear. However, the EXM forks use Launch Control 2, which is a far more linear (and completely differant) damper design.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Yes I’d def say they have a more linear feel than the Fox forks i’ve used tho’ I’ve had no experience with the 2012 130RL. To start with I did find them a little stiff on small bumps and had to let a little more air out than I expected to.
    Although it may take a while to get the sweet spot with DT’s one thing you will notice straight out of the box is the plushness … it will amaze you .

robsoctane
    Free Member

Thanks Spec’. I was wondering about how they’d feel with the small stuff. Guess they bed in a bit? As they’re so stiff they should help with my fear of ruts!!

juan
    Free Member

Very good frok I know quite a few people who run them, more linear than fox, so you have to ride smoothly..

spectabilis
    Free Member

Rob,They should be with you soon eh ?
    I’d like to hear your views on them first impressions n all that ..
    What frame are the going on , BTW?

robsoctane
    Free Member

Spec’ – that’s right mate, here on Monday probably. They’re going to replace these underneath:

[/url] my trek by robsoctane, on Flickr[/img]

It’s a Trek Fuel EX 2008. They’re 08 Fox Float RL’s with QR. I really can’t wait to feel the difference and the colour scheme matches perfect too 😉

I’ll write the best review I can for you Spec’ and anyone else who’s interested.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Experience with 2012 DT Swiss 150 EXM?’ is closed to new replies.