Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Experience of TREDZ?
  • tailsmtb
    Free Member

Ordered a bike which was on sale, arrived in 2 days, along with a multi tool,pedal spanner and a full bike toolkit! Oh and 2 packs of haribo, v happy.

rickmeister

As above. They have zero stock of almost everything. Their website is a work of fiction.

Everything of nothing.. Quite an achievement

DezB
    Free Member

Ordered a bike which was on sale, arrived in 2 days, along with a multi tool,pedal spanner and a full bike toolkit! Oh and 2 packs of haribo, v happy.

In a bloody massive box too, I’ll wager!

cozz
    Free Member

prob used them 4 times over last 2 months, never had any problems

bought my mrs an altura night vision jacket about £39 instead of £99

arrived quick, recommended

andyl
    Free Member

Got a very apologetic phone call today as they are waiting for my weekend order to arrive from Hope. They did say 3-5 days to dispatch so i guessed they were not in stock and ordered on a bank holiday so expected it to be dispatched next money. If not nevermind, the parts are not urgent, just upgrading my bike and I am going away so not going to be around to ride the bike so no rush. Maybe I should have mentioned some spare brake pads due to the wait. They were already the cheapest and I got another £40 off so not bothered so can wait.

On the flip side a few weeks ago we wanted something for a friends birthday. emailed them to ask if it would definitely get here in time and they made sure it went out the same day and sent it 1st class not 2nd. Was here in time.

RustySpanner

Always cheap, always just out of stock, always arrives, usually sooner than they say it will, for big brand stuff at least.

I like them.
    No issues.

athy62
    Free Member

I find ‘in stock’ generally means in stock at the distributors and not at the shop, so they have to wait for it to be sent to them first.

buckster
    Free Member

Not great experience, would not ‘not’ use them again but would pay a bit more to not use them if I chose to not not use them. So would use them but only if there was no option to not use them on occasion

pipiom
    Free Member

Just ordered my road bike from them….lots of emails so far and “dispatched” apparently. We’ll see.

psycorp
    Free Member

As above. They have zero stock of almost everything. Their website is a work of fiction.

Everything of nothing.. Quite an achievement

[/quote]

…. of course that’s what it means 🙄

To add to this the last time I used Tredz I ordered a headset, which of course wasn’t in stock, took ten days to arrive, when it did arrive it was the wrong headset. Returned for a refund and didn’t get the return postage refunded. Won’t be using them again.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Just popped ay rant at the top re TREDZ. Ordered Hope brakes and rotors Monday eve which showed as ‘available’. Guess what, 3 days later a call to say they have no idea when they will be in stock !.

Joke if you ask me, just a scam to get orders and ‘hope’ people don’t complain. Offer money off if certain totals spent, then cant deliver the goods that you do order.

I feel I may be ordering by brakes in due course from else where, which are actually ‘in stock’ !

Haven’t TREDZ been taken over recently by someone …..

Aliens ?

shooterman

I’m starting to think the same way bunner. Offer a discount and temporarily boost sales figures on paper on stock you don’t have and will never be able to supply at the discounted price.

Not that I’m saying TREDZ have done this in the context of the business being sold of course.

However, I am interested to see how long it takes to process refunds.

duff
    Free Member

I ordered a new bike from them 10 days ago (27th), said available 8-10 days which I took to mean in stock with supplier, not with Tredz. Had an email on the 31st advising bike in stock on the 6th, then another email and voicemail on 2nd stating delivery on the 6th. Email yesterday with tracking details.

Bike has just arrived, with the £250 discount it was a bit of a bargain too. Very good comms throughout, perhaps I was lucky but no complaints from me. I was aware that Tredz dont have the best rep and was half expecting the order not to be honoured (don’t really need the bike but was a good price!)

pipiom
    Free Member

Ordered my Giant Defy 1st Sep and it arrived last night (6th) not bad considering ferry to IOM etc.

Communication was great, apart from one random email saying to expect it 2 days earlier (hadn’t factored in offshore)

My only real gripe would be the time it takes to answer the phone…left in queue for ages each time.

But,all in all, well happy: free pedals; free multi-tool; and of course free Haribos.

nickjb
    Free Member

Placed my first order with them just before this thread. I did wonder if I’d be contributing. Its just arrived so not particularly quick but OK. Two haribo bags. So far so good. Item isn’t the one pictured, close but not quite. Ordinarily I’d understand that the pictures aren’t always accurate, annoying as that is, but in this instance I specifically asked about the item and that specific feature and was assured that it was as pictured. Email sent, awaiting response.

Haze

Same with the out of stock stuff, also found this with Wheelies.

I don’t bother with either now, time wasters.

DezB
    Free Member

Ordered some stuff, including a tool which said on the website, available from 14th Sept; got an email saying the tool is a pre-order (which I knew already). I said send everything when it’s in stock.
    Arrived yesterday. 2 packs of Tangfastics inside.
    Excellent service from Tredz.

carlos
    Free Member

Ordered a tyre on 12th Sept arrived today + 2pkts Haribo and I got to use a £5 off voucher 😀

iainc

Pair of good price Spesh shoes ordered Tuesday, arrived yesterday, and 4 bags of Haribo’s 🙂

convert

Only two complaints about recent tredz order.

No email comms (despatched etc).

Wife ate Haribo before I got a chance.

Otherwise good price on hard to find part so no complaints (pet box packaging also good!).

Robz
    Free Member

Ordered a bike showing in stock with distributor. They emailed few days later to say that actually it was out of stock in my size. No problem. Understandable.

Same size still being displayed as in stock on the website a week later.

But my wife bought a road bike from them a few weeks ago nae bother. Was even delivered early (without any notice or warning)

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Good experiences everytime.

About 5/6 years ago ordered a Spesh FSR XC pro, site said in stock but was out of stock so I got the call and offered 20% off any other bike of a similar type due to error. Upgraded to a Stumpjumper and it arrived 2 days later.

Ordered my Giant Trance in March, arrived promptly brilliant sales service. Aftercare has been great too, swapped the Giant seatpost that failed for another no problems and when the 2nd started to fail like the first one did they took onboard my frustrations of potentially getting another Giant Contact that will fail again and provided an alternate which I was able to choose and it wasn’t of equal value either.

Orders for clothes etc have always been spot on, never had an out of stock issue.

fattyre500
    Free Member

Good price but very slow delivery

Mintman
    Free Member

I ordered a bike 13 sep and it arrived 15 sep almost completely built with a little goody bag as well. Really pleased with the bike and the service.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Rubbish, ordered a Hope Tech 3 brake, couldn’t even tell me when they were going to get it from Hope. Ordered from Merlin, arrived next day. Never phoned me back re the order.

Crap.
    Never again

schmiken

My new bike arrived after about two weeks – although I did ask them to swap out the BB first, so perfectly understandable. The £800 discount meant I was happy to wait a little while.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Ordered a Mavic bumbag, turned up 2 days later with Haribo.

nickjb
    Free Member

My order is finally complete. I’ve ended up with exactly what I wanted (plus 4 haribos) for a good price. Just took a 3 week wait and a couple of emails. Overall ok if you aren’t in hurry.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Experience of TREDZ?’ is closed to new replies.