Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Experience of TREDZ?
  • shooterman

I’m genuinely wondering if I’ve just been a bit unlucky or if I should stick with this retailer. I’m interested in other people’s experiences.

On the last couple of occasions I’ve ordered stuff which their site says is in stock, I’ve had to chase Tredz when the stuff doesn’t turn up only to get an email saying it’s acutally out of stock and they don’t know when it will be back in!

The latest item is still showing as in stock on their site despite the email I received today. Anyway, they offered an usuitable substitute so I’m wondering if I have just hit unlucky and I should stick with them waiting for stock to refresh (and let them hold on to my money)or if this behaviour is par for the course and just cut my losses and get a refund?

I seem to recall a comment on here a while back that the par for the course explanation is more likely.

fifeandy
    Free Member

They’ve been a little tardy despatching things a couple of times for me, but generally has been fine. Wouldnt hesitate to use again.

Northwind

In stock doesn’t mean in stock but other’n that they’ve always been good for me. And I like the £5 off.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nah, that’s pretty standard for Tredz. Shitehouse.

Happened to me a few times with them, I won’t be burnt again.

Their physical shop is crap too. A mish-mash of low end bits, new-old stock for RRP and Halfords style bolt-ons for noobs to “customise” their bikes. Fantastic collection of cleaning lotions and potions though!

ads678

Yeah used them a few times, once something wasn’t in stock but other than that they’ve been fine.

milky1980
    Free Member

Same as P-Jay, their Cardiff shop is odd. Had need to use them to order in a few things and none of it turned up when they said it would, including the stuff that was at their Swansea store despite them saying they have a van that travels between then every day or so!! Pity as their shop is 500yds from work so would be perfect for last-minute purchases.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

“3-5 days” means a couple of weeks, basically, with a phone call thrown in to prod them. Other than that they are fine.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Their Swansea shop used to be quite good with a good range of bits but its now little more than a showroom – they didn’t even have dot 5.1 brake fluid in stock when I last went in.

simondbarnes

Maybe they’ll improve now they’re owned by Halfords?

GolfChick
    Free Member

yeah two orders I’ve made lately it says in stock and then get an email to say not in stock so wait. The first time I said okay cancel the order I’ll get elsewhere and I found it cheaper. Second time I decided to wait it out as it was still the cheapest around, once the ‘we have stock on this date’ came and went with no shipping acknowledgement I contacted them myself and they said oh yeah its been delayed again by another week, I cancelled and got it elsewhere cheaper again!

Spin
    Free Member

Nah, that’s pretty standard for Tredz. Shitehouse.

This and was ever thus in my experience.

simmy
    Free Member

I ordered something a few years ago, didn’t receive it, rang them they said out of stock, got a refund.

They were the cheapest on that item so I went to Evans and just them to price match Tredz.

Much easier.

Denis99
    Free Member

Can’t speak for the online purchases, but the Swansea shop is close to me.

Won’t be visiting them anytime soon.

Tried to sell me a bike that was one size too small because it was in stock.

Didn’t seem interested in discussing the bike I wanted because they didn’t have one in stock, it was a brand that they sell a lot of , Specialized.

Go to a proper bike shop.

psycorp
    Free Member

As above. They have zero stock of almost everything. Their website is a work of fiction.

rOcKeTdOg

No worse than Rutland used to be, i.e. no comms until you phone & then they tell u it’s out of stock

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Free Haribo! 😀 Snail mail though! 🙁

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Bought a bike rack for the car from them a few weeks ago. Ordering was easy, I called to change the delivery method without any problem. The product arrived in a couple days. I would give them another go.

damascus
    Free Member

Used them once or twice. With the £5 off they were the cheapest. Got a great service and would use them again. Well I would have done until I read this.

DezB
    Free Member

Great service here too, Bought a nice bike off em recently.

Ordered some bits earlier today too, so will see how that goes!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

ordered something but not in stock was going to take a few days more so cancelled the order..seemed ok to deal with other than the fact the item was not in stock.

jonnym92

Ordered from them quite a bit and it’s always been good. £5 off, free sweets & fast postage.

kerley
    Free Member

I have tried them and won’t be buying from them again. As above, the fictional website just wastes your time.
    If an item will take 2 weeks then list it as that, listing it as in stock when it isn’t is firstly a complete lie and secondly a waste of everyone’s time.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

As long as you ring them to make sure the item is actually in stock, then they’re OK.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I bitched about them publicly on here 10 years ago. Got told off by brant for doing that. 😳 Sorry!

Strangely though, I don’t think I’ve ever used them for anything since.

DezB
    Free Member

£5 off,

Ha, is that all? I got £250 off 🙂

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

Website is similar to a government pre election manifesto. Lots of nice things but none of them actually get delivered.
    Shop is equally atrocious and all ticketed at eye watering RRP prices. Last thing I bought was an emergency SRAM power link that came up at £26 or so at the till and the guy thought that was an acceptable price for a chain link. Had to point out that was the cost for a multi pack of them.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Yep, ordered a bike from them that said “In Stock”. Delivery date came and went, range them up to chase only to be told that it isn’t in stock and they have cancelled the order 🙄

strawdog
    Free Member

My experience of the Swansea shop is that they will try and sell you the most expensive version of whatever it is you ask for eg. if you ask for chainring bolts you will be offered a set of £30 quid titanium chainring bolts – not 50p steel bolts.

Little tip if you are ever in the shop and need or tempted to buy anything always ask them at the till for the online web price. As this is invariably much cheaper than the RRP instore and they will happily match it. Although I don’t understand why the prices aren’t these anyway – just seems like to leave a bad taste if you are caught out like this!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

My experience is same as OPs. Won’t be using them again.

shooterman

Order cancelled.

The irony is they offered me a substitute – which also wasn’t in stock.

Northwind

I’ve got a race on just now- ordered a rim from CRC, spokes from JRA and an “in stock” tyre from Tredz. The race isn’t which arrives first- it’ll be CRC, JRA, Tredz, I bet 20 scottish pence. The race is whether the tyre arrives before I’ve stirred my lazy arse to build the wheel.

oldfart

Strange ? I’ve used them quite a few times without any drama . Stuff arrives quicker than CRC etc maybe I’ve just been lucky ?

canopy
    Free Member

my experience with tredz.

18 months ago. ordered a shirt from a sale, they emailed next day offering an alterntiave. as it wasn’t in stock. got refund.

recently. ordered my dropper. 2 days to ship, 2 days til it arrived. (so slower than CRC/wiggle)

so mixed.. but i would order from em again. but, only if i was getting a good deal / couldn’t get item elsewhere / wasnt in a hurry

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’ve regularly had issues with pretend stock. very annoying and no discount when they fess up

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’ve regularly had issues with pretend stock. very annoying and no discount when they fess up

mrchrispy

stages power meter was the cheapest I could find and it arrived no bother.
    Some shoes i order were in stock but when I queries the delievery date on the phone I was told they were about to arrive from the supplier and would be dispatched the day they came in. so thats not really in stock is it!
    did upgrade my delivery to next day for nowt so not the end of the world.

Euro
    Free Member

Cheapest place i could find a red Bell Super – arrived a few days later.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I ordered a dropper from them in the past, think it was slightly delayed but came just fine. When I had to warranty it they were great.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

No probs here in fact lucked in recently ordered an exposure eqinoux and they sent me one with the piggy back battery called me & told me the scenario explaining I could keep it at no extra cost 🙂

dahedd
    Free Member

Never had an issue. Prompt delivery, no hassle with returns & the kids love Haribo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Experience of TREDZ?’ is closed to new replies.