Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Exotic carbon fork choices
  • djl1

Hi,

I am after a 490 a2c fork, ideally not to expensive
    Currently have tapered steerer and non boost axle which can be converted.
    Looks like unless i want to spend £200 i have to choose 1 of these so which would be peoples priority QR15 or tapered steerer?

Thanks

cp

the exotic fork qr15 implementation is a bit of a faff as it’s in two parts – the threaded portion isn’t part of the drop out, it’s a separate nut which you need to keep hold of when you take the wheel out. Just another thing to lose.

I’d go tapered steerer and QR personally…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have both. It depends on how you want your wheels to be setup, basically. Boost vs non vs 15mm vs QR.

If you are happy with 100mm QR axles then stick with that. The QR15 is a slightly stiffer setup but there’s not much in it really. I run a QR15 on my bike but mainly because I have 15mm boost wheels.

The 15mm is fine if you buy a MT Zoom bolt thru axle. The 15QR is a bit basic. Extra £ though.

Northwind

Thing is, with rigid forks I never thought stiffness was really a benefit. I had some of the original exotics, straight steerer, QR, and they were not stiff at all, you could see them bend when you braked. And it was fine, in fact, they rode much nicer than teh much stiffer hylixes I had for a while.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Exotic carbon fork choices’ is closed to new replies.