Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Exmoor trails, any suggestions/links?
  • santacoops
    Free Member

Hi all, got a trip planned in a couple of weeks, any suggestions for good trails? Not been before. Cheers.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Good stuff is difficult to find and widely spaced IMO. That said, it’s still worth it.

Let strava heatmap be your guide.
    You’ll see most activity is concentrated in the hills near mine head and the valley with horner wood in it.

Personally I think horner wood is a bit over rated, but I’ve not had the chance to spend a significant time chasing out the cheeky.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Or head over to the Quantocks instead.

santacoops
    Free Member

Quantocks on the way back 😀

phil56

Good stuff is difficult to find and widely spaced IMO

Having just returned from three days of fantastic riding on Exmoor I’d have to disagree with that. We had marked routes to follow – but I’d expect to see much of this appear on Strava over the next couple of days.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

If be delighted to be proved wrong. Where did you get the routes from?

jam-bo

Having just returned from three days of fantastic riding on Exmoor I’d have to disagree with that. We had marked routes to follow – but I’d expect to see much of this appear on Strava over the next couple of days.

how was the EX?

Pook

The descent to Porlock Weir is one of my favourites in the UK. A bugger to get up to though

phil56

how was the EX?

Absolutely brilliant – obviously the weather makes a massive difference, but the whole event was stunningly good. As this thread is about the trails I won’t bother with all the other good stuff, the food, the organisation, free beer etc, but it was a brilliant event.

As I mentioned, three days of riding – 32k Friday, 48k Saturday and about 30k Sunday – something like 20 special stages in total daily average of over 1,700 metres of descending (and about 1250m climbing!) each day.

Most of the trails would be very obvious and easy to find,they all finished with a final stage down into Allerford – but a different one each day!. Some of the special stages were one-off’s for the event, but be warned if you pick some of these up from Strava – a few were very, very steep and technical!

Did I mention free beer?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor trails, any suggestions/links?’ is closed to new replies.