Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Exmoor: still uber muddy, or OK for the weekend?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m suffering from regional riding “cabin fever” and want to break out a bit, maybe Sunday/Monday. So if you’ve ridden anything around Porlock/Dunkery/Minehead recently, can you tell me how well it’s riding?

Ta in advance

snaps
    Free Member

I was up there weekend before last & it was fairly gloopy but we’ve had sun & snow since then so difficult to say.
    I’ve got to go to Bratton Fleming @ 4pm so I’ll take the scenic route & let you know.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thanks mate

snaps
    Free Member

I only went up to 1250ft but there is still a fair bit of snow lining the hedges, the open moorland is clear & it was 4C so melting fast, but its still fairly muddy around Challacombe.
    I might venture up there if the weather holds.

stick_man

I was there 10 days ago and the snow was limited to a few very minor drifts. Ground was fairly firm as it’s frozen. Good conditions.

jobro
    Free Member

I was up there weekend before last & it was fairly gloopy but we’ve had sun & snow since then so difficult to say.
    I’ve got to go to Bratton Fleming @ 4pm so I’ll take the scenic route & let you know.

Snaps I live in Bratton and we had a proper snow storm last night!
    Today has been pretty good with lots of sun and ground is quite dry after about a week of no rain.Hawkcombe out of Porlock has a lot of water running down it both nothing unrideable. Pretty cold and windy on Dunkery so dress up warm!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Excited. Thanks for the reports.

pete68
    Free Member

might see you around buzz. im heading to Porlock tomorrow for 12 days. Hopefully 12 dry days!

allthepies
    Free Member

Forecast for next couple of weeks is cold but dry I believe.

robbieclay

Buzz, been riding Dunkery, Horner, Hawk Combe, Ley Hill etc today. Awesome conditions, almost dusty by Monday (hmmm), but watch out for fallen trees in Horner Woods – nearly took my head off. Riding further west around Brendon Common, back of Lynton Monday. Enjoy!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Thanks for the update. Considering trail conditions further north, we’re very lucky our hills are riding so well. I’ll be over to porlock campsite tomorrow afternoon, hit the boozer in the evening and riding out and about Monday.

snaps
    Free Member

What time Buzz?
    I’m going to head up that way Monday.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Out of porlock sparkhayes camping around 9am but I will have my car and can go anywhere. If you have a route in mind I’ll happily follow. Ta

snaps
    Free Member

Yes I was going to do all the good bits, 30ish miles with a stop for coffee/cake in Minehead. I am parking HERE – Grey Seat Ibiza meet @ 9.30 OK?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That’s Horner car park, with the toilet block. See you there 9.30 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor: still uber muddy, or OK for the weekend?’ is closed to new replies.