Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Exmoor (North Westish)
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I’m on holiday next week on the edge of Exmoor. It’ll mostly be pottering about on beached and being lazy, but it’d be rude not to take a bike, right? I’ll be squeezing in odd early morning and evening rides, rather than all day epics.

Any recommended routes? Must do trails? Where we’re staying is about 25 minutes to Lynton, 50 to Porlock.

professor_fate
    Free Member

There’s some cracking riding between Lynmouth, Rockford and Hillsford Bridge (albeit cheeky in part…), and  a nice out and back from County Gate down the Doone valley to the site of the medieval village (or as a loop taking in some moortop bridleways). It’s a beautiful area.

oxym0r0n

How far West? There’s a great bridleway route from the East  side down into Heddon Valley – there’s also a route up from near Valley of the Rocks…

A bit further East there are also some nice remote trails

flyingmonkeycorps

Well we’re staying in Combe Martin, but I’ll be in the car so I can drive for the best trails (there doesn’t seem to be much within easy riding distance that I can see).

Don’t know the area at all (I’m a northern lad) but there looks to be some good stuff from the Vertebrate guide.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor (North Westish)’ is closed to new replies.