Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Existing LoveFilm subscriber?
  • Cougar

Just cancelled my LoveFilm account. Can’t fault the by-post service, but I signed up primarily for the console game rentals which they’ve discontinued.

Of note though is, when I went to cancel, they ask why you’re cancelling (I chose ‘problems with the by post service’ as the nearest match) and then take you to a Retentions web page where they offer you a few different “free month” offers.

So, if you’re an existing customer, you can readily get some money knocked off your subscription, without all that messy haggling and talking to people business.

You’re welcome.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I cancelled my subscription by phone on Thursday night. I explained that it was just the streaming service i was disappointed with and intended to give netflix a go. Guy on the phone said they would give me 4 months service for free so i could try Netflix and compare the two without financial penalty. So I signed up to Netflix and got a 2 month free trial with them as well.

Happy days.

Drac

Hmmm! May take a look as I have the postal and online service but never get the chance to watch the postal ones.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iain1775
    Free Member

When did they discontinue game rental?

Cougar

Towards the end of last year, I think sorta September-ish.

labsey
    Free Member

Game rental service was (quietly) cancelled in August last year. Shame really cos I loved the service. Not found anything that matches yet.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My Panasonic telly doesn’t support Lovefilm streaming, am about to try Netflix.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Existing LoveFilm subscriber?’ is closed to new replies.