Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Exile BBC1 – compelling
  • finishthat
    Free Member

BBC1-Exile compelling story , cinematography , cast , agree?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Haven’t seen it yet, but loved “The crimson petal and the white” for the reasons you’ve mentioned though, great cast, screenplay, cinematography and music.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Yeah it’s been good so far. I’ve also enjoyed the runaways.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“I arrest you in the name of blah blah blah…”

Ed2001
    Free Member

Very good, excellent script and acting only spoilt by the truly dreadful continuity , one scene snow on the ground the next all gone. 😈

spacemonkey

A bit cheesy in the way all the protagonists are so intertwined, but other than that, pretty damn good. Highlights the impact something like Alzheimer’s can have on a family.

Always liked John Simm – happy to watch anything he does.

ton

enjoying it so far.

spacemonkey

“I arrest you in the name of blah blah blah…”

I thought they were going to cart him off and duff him up – but they just set him free outside the same chippy. Odd IMO.

cinnamon_girl

Yeah, anything featuring John Simm is compelling viewing. 8)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Where’s it filmed??

RustyNissanPrairie

A bit of it was filmed in Ramsbottom, but I’ve not watched it so dont know exactly what bits were used.

rustler
    Free Member

He visited Hebden Bridge, sure I’ve heard that place mentioned on here, is it where STW are based ?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

town centre is Ramsbottom,

the new estate where the hospital was is in Bacup (Britannia)

watch out for these in the next episode 😉

binners

Its looking really really good. Its the last one tonight and I really still can’t work out quite where its going. Thats a rarity nowadays. I can normally watch the first 5 minutes of any ‘drama’ and tell which glaringly ovious cliched outcomes we’re hurtling headlong towards.

Yet more genius from Paul Abbot. If you haven’t seen State of Play with John Simm and David Morrisey, that’s well worth a viewing

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Bridge Street Cafe, The Grants Arms & The Buddha Lounge featured last night, I’ve been annoying Binners going ooooooooooooooh look thats such and such ooooooooooooh look….

But yes it is good I’m enjoying it!!

warton
    Free Member

watched the first one without my wife, so couldn’t watch it last night, will have to start again. certainly enjoyed episode 1

cinnamon_girl

Well, I knew I shouldn’t have watched this due to a subject being close to my heart. Did get to me at the end. 🙁

Jim Broadbent gave a moving portrayal of dementia – it really was an excellent performance by him.

Overall – another quality BBC drama.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Exile BBC1 – compelling’ is closed to new replies.