Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exeter sleeping in van
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Hi all
    Advice from Exeter folk needed.
    I’m going to be meeting a few blokes doing a LEJOG ride at Exeter in a couple of weeks to ride the leg to Bristol with them.
    They are staying in the Premier Inn near St Davids train station.
    Is there somewhere nearby I can park and sleep in my van the for the night so I can meet them for the evening and get an early start?

Too skint to fork out £50 for a hotel room 🙂

Thanks

RealMan
    Free Member

There’s cheaper hotels just up the road on st davids hill.

annebr
    Free Member

Can’t you park in the Premier Inn parking?

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Not sure if the premier inn at St’davids has any parking.

Can you not share a room with one of your friends, I stay in premier inn’s pretty frequently and often get a room with a sofa bed as well. I am sure one of your friends can request a room like this I have always found the staff to be very helpful allowing bikes in rooms etc. Rooms are charged per room not per person.

The premier inn is directly opposite the train station which will make free parking hard, if you come out of the premier inn and head left their are a few roads of small terraced houses that you can probably park in overnight but not leave the van during the day.

If you need to leave the van during the day then google this:
    50.731121,-3.544311 their is a car park behind the station that is pretty good value, cross the level crossing and turn immediately left.

tomhughes46

Wait until dark, drive up to Stoke Woods. Park up. Lock van. Check van is definitely locked. Check again, just in case.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Don’t know them well enough to crash in there rooms, they work and are riding for a charity I do some stuff for.

Haha, don’t joke about re-checking the van is locked, the charity is OCD-UK and me and the head of the charity who is riding are both sufferers! Luckily one of the other riders is a Professor of Psychology and one of the world leading experts in the field so we should be in safe hands 😕

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Swan’s Nest pub car park or Stowey Arms in Exton. The landlords in both’ll let you stay if you ask nicely / buy a pint / breakfast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exeter sleeping in van’ is closed to new replies.