Exercise bike fitness…. yes I know

Home Forum Bike Forum Exercise bike fitness…. yes I know

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exercise bike fitness…. yes I know
  • KINGTUT

Firstly HRM on gym equipment is generally bobbins, so get a polar HRM or similar.

Intervals are what you want, plenty of sites and info on the web for bike based sessions.

Or if you can take a laptop a table and some headphones into the gym than I can highly recommend the Sufferfest videos.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

my gym hrm’s are about 1 maybe 2bpm at worst out compared to my Polar.

Hardly Bobbins is it ?

beaker

I’m currently working overseas and unable to ride my bike as it’s back home. I’ve got access to a well equipped gym and have been using the exercise bikes to try and keep my fitness up. I currently use the HRM function on the bike and pedal for an hour at around 70 to 80% of max. I’ve seen some improvement in my fitness but want to know what else I can do to improve it even more?

Thanks all.

KINGTUT

I said generally, perhaps ‘can be’ would be better for the pedants.

Premier Icon dknwhy
    Subscriber

I second the Sufferfest vids. I did a lot of exercise bike workouts to get fit a few years back when family life got in the way of real riding.
    It was easiest to get up early and do 30-60 mins on the indoor bike before everyone got up. Saved time over getting kit on and heading out etc.
    I mainly used the sufferfest vids, even just doing half if I only had 30 mins. The key is intervals but I was never any good at setting my own so the videos did this for me without the need to think about what I had to do next etc.
    It was also more entertaining than just staring at the TV.

beaker

Thanks for your input, ill have to see what these Sufferfest vids are about.

Cheers

KINGTUT

Pain and suffering mainly.

Oh and vomiting when you do your first one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exercise bike fitness…. yes I know’ is closed to new replies.