Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Excuse my ignorance but what Bottom Bracket works with XT cranks on a S/Swift?
  • womble72
    Free Member

I want to have a go at replacing the BB on my Singular Swift. Never done this before so was wondering what BB I need that will fit my XT cranks and will fit the Swifts EBB? What is a good BB?

T.I.A

clubber
    Free Member

Assuming you mean an external BB then pretty much any Shimano compatible mtb one will work. As it goes, I have a Superstar Components one on my swift and despite me expecting it to die quickly, it’s going strong three years on.

Top tip is to make sure that when you’re fitting the crank, don’t over tension the cranks – just enough to remove play.

rootes1

XT? Hope

the EBB takes a standard 24mm external cup BB or for that matter a proper english thread square taper job, though assume you have through axle hollowtech 11 XT cranks?

PaulD
    Free Member

Get an MTB BB….the road versions are limited to a 68mm shell and would need a different spacer to fit the XT cranks.

PaulD

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What they said, SLX/XT/XTR all fit.

womble72
    Free Member

Thanks for your help chaps. I’ll get on to this asap. I’m running single speed at the moment so a strong bb would be nice for peace of mind.

brassneck

If it’s an external, I’d go with a Hope – contrary to Clubber’s experience I saw a SuperStar one disintegrate 3 laps into a 12 hour, so YMMV – they are cheap though.
    I got a ceramic Hope and it’s been silky for 18 months, destroyed an XT in about 4.

womble72
    Free Member

How do I know if it’s an external? I’m not up to speed with bottom brackets :-S

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Excuse my ignorance but what Bottom Bracket works with XT cranks on a S/Swift?’ is closed to new replies.