• This topic has 27 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by reeksy.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Exciting new Frame design
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well, exciting if you want to be able to change the painting in a frame easily.

Here we have a wooden frame and a painting we want to fit into it.

Simply position the painting on the top and bottom support ledge rebated into the frame.

Slide it all the way to the right so that the left edge now sits flat on the support ledge.

Tilt the frame to the left and tap it so the left edge of the picture slides behind the edge of the frame

And you can hang the framed picture on the wall

It is a reverse of the process to remove it and slide another painting in its place. Obviously only works for paintings the same size and on the same thickness of board.

Better than the commercial ones clipped in from behind because there are no moving parts to fall off, seize or stop the painting hanging flat. Also this only costs my time to make and I can do different ones for the normal size paintings I do meaning if someone wants a dark frame instead of a light one, I simply slide the paintings out and switch the frames.

Perhaps I should have put – Are you bored enough in the thread title?

eyestwice
    Free Member

Is that white bit on the right a stegosaurus having a drink?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No, it is bowing before the green faced crow in a crown, rising from the water in front of it while the big light blue monster stares down on them through its cloudy white eyes.

IT IS ART MAN!

It is only defined by what your brains sees

eyestwice
    Free Member

In that case I’ll stick with my dinosaur.

I like dinosaurs.

Frame is a neat idea though.

DrP

but… no glass….!

DrP

eyestwice
    Free Member

Just imagine it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

but… no glass….!

2 Points

1) It is an acrylic painting, AKA wiple clean plastic. Unless you only light your house by candles and heat your house with a peat fire then it is unlikely that the painting will suffer in the next 100 years. If you are worried then I will apply a UV protective lacquer before I ship it to you – £200 posted

2) My username and glass. Really?

Cougar

As rendered by a Commodore 64.

thepurist

I thought it was a Rebellion outpost about to be blitzed by the 2 Imperial cruisers that have appeared in the sky overhead.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

May I refer you to my earlier answer 🙂

IT IS ART MAN!

It is only defined by what your brains sees

eyestwice
    Free Member

I thought it was a Rebellion outpost about to be blitzed by the 2 Imperial cruisers that have appeared in the sky overhead.

Should be easy if it’s made of acrylic.

thepurist

OK – is the empty hook to the right of it also art, perhaps a conceptual piece showing that the art itself transcends any physical representation of the art, so any representation is inherently flawed and the only perfect art is no art at all…

kelvin

I find the big blue godlike figure watching over the whole scene quite ominous.

[ I miss Adventure Time, this is like a scene from that ]

fasthaggis

1/ I should have known better when I saw it was posted in Chat.
    2/ I then thought ,maybe he has welded together something truly amazing –>> in the shed.
    3/ I now feel I have been framed with this cunning clickbait trap.
    4/ I am glad there was no welding involved.
    5/ I like some of your other paintings.
    6/ There is no 6,it may be an upside down 9, a roll of tape or a tiny sledge.
    It is only defined by what your brain sees. 🙃😜😊

CountZero

I can see it working well for displaying album sleeves, but I don’t think I have two pictures that are even close to being the same size as one another! In every case I’ve had to find a frame that could accommodate the longest dimension then cut a matt to fit both together. Complicated by wanting to have a bevelled edge on the picture window.

kelvin

Ooo… perfect for album sleeves…! Make it happen!

Blackflag
    Free Member

Most people just stick their kids paintings to the fridge with a magnet

mattyfez

I like the painting, nice and bold, almost a bit Hockney-esqe.

Not a fan of the frame though, sorry!

dovebiker

Not much good for a boat though…

mattyfez

Not a fan of the frame though, sorry!

I should probably qualify that by saying the wood grain of the frame detracts from the picture.
    There’s too much focus on the frame, although looking again, it’s not so bad…

And helps the picture ‘pop’ out a bit.
    I think it was just the top panel with much less visible grain that was triggering my OCD, hahah!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Here are three paintings the same size, all of which would fit in the frame.

The fact I painted them meant I could choose the size of the canvas which helps. More truthfully, they were a pack of three canvas that I took on holiday and did three paintings on the same view from the same seat. One literal, one reduced to geometric shapes and one painted from memory in the dark where I was struggling to see the paints I was using and the view was just a dull glow of Penzance in the far distance.

If you look on the “Last thing you made” thread there are some other frame designs I have recently done that you might prefer.
    (https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-is-the-last-thing-you-made-pics-pls/page/98/)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I should probably qualify that by saying the wood grain of the frame detracts from the picture.
    There’s too much focus on the frame, although looking again, it’s not so bad…

I agree. The frame is most likely going to be used to show people what the paintings look framed like when I am at shows and sales so I don’t have to carry loads of different frames. That is why I made it easy to swap the paintings. I will post the geometric painting in a new frame design when I decide what suits it but I haven’t chosen one yet.

Top panel without grain was actually cut from the same piece as the sides and bottom panel but when I put them all together it seemed to have no grain showing which is weird

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

What! Where did the Stegasurus go?

I feel that the first picture should have been posted in the things with faces thread but wdik about art?

scaredypants

extinct, man 😥

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

extinct, man 😥

He has gone for a drink with Joe Cocker

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I feel that the first picture should have been posted in the things with faces thread

I thought about that for my painting of Anne Hathaway walking in a park

Cougar

That’s quite brilliant.

reeksy

So not very brilliant, or even brilliant. Just quite brilliant. As in bright colours?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.