Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • exciting landings…
  • mikertroid
    Free Member

Not all aircraft have FBW or auto rudder sync.

I think the skill of putting down any aircraft in gusty crosswind condition takes a while to build.

I’d love to know which system helps in these situations and takes the crosswind into account! Which system are you referring to dharmstrong?

Unless its autoland…..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody Hell.. that vid on P1 was an OMG moment.. Makes my sideways landing in a Cesna in Dusseldorf Airport look tame, I didn’t like it much.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

[quoteI’d love to know which system helps in these situations and takes the crosswind into account! Which system are you referring to dharmstrong?
    [/quote]

Only deal with commercial airliners, mostly modern types with full autopilot systems. All jets. Autopilot takes a feed of flight data from the FMC from what I have been told by pilot friends who fly for a few major UK operators.

Spent a number of years (14 at the last count) sat watching them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toys19
    Free Member

mikertroid – Member

toys19

Which airline do you/did you work for?

My Dad flew Vampire t55 in the 60’s and then commercial and (dc9’s and latterly 727, and I think he trained for 737’s but quit to become a vet) and he said the difference between flying a fast fighter jet in a miltary situation and flying a commercial airliner was like driving a bus vs a an F1 car. So I imagine you are a commercial pilot and used to be miltary?

toys19
    Free Member

He also flew tridents.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Toys,

I’ve got experience of both. Yes, there’s a world of difference between a combat aircraft and a transport.

But I wouldn’t compare flying anything to bus driving!!

@dh your Autopilot won’t assist in your landing unless you’re using autoland which those dudes weren’t!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘exciting landings…’ is closed to new replies.