Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Excessively loud sneezers
  • unknown
    Free Member

I mean the really, really loud ones that everyone within half a mile can hear. Can these people really not sneeze any quieter? Seems to me they have to put some effort into it to make them that loud. What do they get out of it?

Bregante

Snot

yunki
    Free Member

guilty.. 😀

I love sneezing, it’s a rare treat and I’m really not gonna let you or anyone else spoil my enjoyment of it..

Repressing your sneezes is often a sign of repression elsewhere in your life too

(I **** love shouting too)

Stoner
    Free Member

its like having a good crisis.

taxi25
    Free Member

I can sneeze for Wales. If your going to do it its worth doing properly 😀

Kuco

Bloke’s that have those little girly sneezes is just not right.

andeh

My Dad does it, like, shotgun loud. It’s horrible. After years of aural abuse, I now have a nervous tic/cringe whenever he inhales quickly 😯

daveh
    Free Member

Go on, try it, you might like it. It annoys the lady of the house and shocks the little one, that’s enough fun for me.

breadcrumb

Apparently I sneeze too loudly. I have no control of it.

I used to work with a guy who made a small “meep” when he sneezed, he didn’t like me laughing at him either.

Northwind

I have a proper man-size sneeze,and nope, nothing I can do about it. Believe me I tried, last time I combined a cold and broken ribs.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m a loud sneezer. It’s not for show, it’s not put on, it’s just a loud sneeze.

I also suffer from hiccups so powerful that they actually cause pain, much to the amusement of those around me.

garage-dweller

I am with onzadog on this. No put on, no special effort just pain loud.

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s vocalisation – my mother has a sneeze like that, she doesn’t just sneeze she shouts “Arahoo!”

You can hear it out in the garden when she’s in the house.

samuri
    Free Member

But have you ever tried not making a noise? I don’t care if you do it or not but just wondered if you really think it’s something you can’t help…

I can sneeze really loudly if I want by allowing it to make a noise but it’s just as easy not making a noise.

tenfoot

It’s hard to sneeze without making some noise, but some kind of moderation according to your location is nice.

Also, if you don’t close them, when you sneeze, your eyes will pop out………..

Maybe…….probably

martinxyz
    Free Member

I sometimes even hold them back with my mouth closed in certain circumstances (I don’t have a hankerchief)

Boss tends to turn in our direction and make an effort to do it hard.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I mean the really, really loud ones that everyone within half a mile can hear. Can these people really not sneeze any quieter?

no

Seems to me they have to put some effort into it to make them that loud.

no comes naturally

What do they get out of it?

usually lots of people asking you to go home 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

guilty..

I love sneezing, it’s a rare treat and I’m really not gonna let you or anyone else spoil my enjoyment of it..

Repressing your sneezes is often a sign of repression elsewhere in your life too

(I **** love shouting too)

As sheepish as I am to admit this I agree with what yunki typed. Let the sneeze out FFS just don’t make stupid squeaky add-on noises like the nutty bird in my office does.

nevermindthebutter
    Free Member

A women in my office sneezes so loud she startles people I’m talking to on the phone. She used to be a theatre nurse but her crazy-loud sneezing understandably incurred the wrath of the surgeons who evicted her routinely and refused to have her work with them again.
    I appreciate it’s involuntary but I can’t figure out why she doesn’t sneeze into her elbow or at least attempt to muffle it with her hand… It makes the whole room ring… bloody awful noise, as well as being unhygienic; spraying mucus all over the office…

kayak23

Damn excessive baby pandas…
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EAcdvmnZ_GM&feature=related[/video]

matther01
    Free Member

A lady in my office makes a sound somewhere between donald duck and a chicken…most incredibly hilarious thing ive ever heard!

Arent sneezes akin to some type if mini orgasm too…or is that one of them there urban myths?

Would explain why i love sneezing if true!

nickhart
    Free Member

Unrepentantly guilty here on the loud sneezes. They seem to have become louder with age and although I can try to muffle them I have no control of the volume of a natural sneeze. As a teacher I sneezed in class once and a kid fell off his stool in shock.

vickypea
    Free Member

I do loud sneezes at home but I can stifle them when in public, but a big noisy “achoooo!” is much more satisfying!

yunki
    Free Member

Very carefully worded there patriotpro 😆

Samuri – FWIW I am capable of sneezing more quietly, and even doing that incredible old lady squeaky suppressed sneeze (which is incredibly uncomfortable).. but why would you?
    Are you excessively frail or suffering from a heart condition?

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Attention seekers. All a bit sad really, ‘ooo, look at me everyone, i’m sneezing’. If the tit in my office does it one more time his head’s getting smashed through his monitor

Bear
    Free Member

Sneezed so violently once had a week in hospital with a hole in my wind pipe!

jools182
    Free Member

A bloke where I used to work did it so bloody loud, and with out any kind of warning or build up, he seemed to miss the ahh bit from ahh choo

I sneeze quite violently, but I don’t get why the voice has to be involved in it, they’re just attention seeking

molgrips
    Free Member

My sister, who is generally loud, sneezes loudly. But then she shrieks the OOOOOOOOOOOOO! at the end if it just for effect, which is ear splitting.

samuri
    Free Member

As I say yunki, i don’t care if people sneeze loudly or not but I’m trying to understand why people think they can only do it one way.

The reaction is involuntary but what you do with it is up to you.
    Personally I’d hate everyone looking at me if I was sneezing really loudly but then I’m an introverted cock.

konabunny
    Free Member

Attention seekers, the lot of you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But then she shrieks the OOOOOOOOOOOOO!

angeldust
    Free Member

I sneeze very loudly (have done since I was a kid), and I am incapable of reducing the volume.
    I am generally a quiet person, so it has nothing to do with seeking attention.

ononeorange

Commuting loud sneezers are incredibly annoying especially when you’re trying to get some badly-needed sleep, it’s usually them who also do the ostenatious over-loud coughing and then look around to confirm everyone noticed. T@@@@s.

cardo

My boss has a ridiculously loud sneeze that everybody hears all over the building… I’m not sure if it is for effect or attention or because he’s a nob TBH

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Excessively loud sneezing is almost always an affectation. I accept that the exceptions to that rule most likely are also members of STW though.

daveh
    Free Member

And of course you risk a Snart if you try too hard to contain a good sneeze.

vickypea
    Free Member

A bloke in the office sneezes so loudly it makes me jump and scream in fright!

toppers3933
    Free Member

There was a guy I used to work with who basically yelled at the top of his voice ‘aaaaachoooo’. Ridiculous. The guy who sat next to him who was a big burly geeza sounded like a kitten sneezing. Which was hilarious.

ratadog

Are we talking sneezing ( informal ) or blowing the nose ( formal ). When I do the latter there tend to be mutters of “There she blows” from the family, although they claim that as a result of the loudness of my sneeze they can always find me in a public place. This may come in useful as senility encroaches, although clearly this depends on them continuing to think well enough of me to want to find me in the first place.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Excessively loud sneezers’ is closed to new replies.