Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Excessive play in KS Lev
  • mcnultycop

My Lev has started playing up on the last few rides. Whilst out it was not popping all the way back out, finishing just short if full extension. A little pull upwards and it clunked all the way up. I’ve just had a little spin out on the street this morning and it has a new issue, it’s sinking 10-12mm when I sit on it. It didn’t do this after my last ride when I cleaned it and wiped it with fork juice.

Is this something home serviceable or is it a case of sending it back? It’s only maybe 6 months old.

JoeG
    Free Member

As far as not extending properly, I’d check the air pressure. I’d also unscrew the collar with the seal on it and add some grease like Slick Honey and see if that gets things moving again.

As far as the post dropping when you sit on it, I haven’t come across that with mine. I guess that it might be due to the hydraulic valve staying open a little bit; maybe due to a sticky remote cable. One test would be to remove the remote cable at connector toggle (little rectangular box) and see if it still drops. The dropper cable and housing are just standard derailleur stuff.

I’m in the US, and KS USA has been no quibble as far as warranty; I have no experience with the UK.

Here is a video on servicing the Lev [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYjhtPFZ4I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Onzadog
    Free Member

From what I’ve read elsewhere, that sinking thing means the hydraulic cartridge needs bleeding which isn’t supposed to be done at home but with the right tool and a bit of patience can be.

Not has to try myself yet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dango
    Free Member

If you have the option of returning it under warranty assuming you bought it from a uk retailer I’d go that route

I’ve owned a couple of their posts and the lack of reliability hasn’t impressed me

mcnultycop

I bought it from Germany, but the warranty should still apply. I’ll get in touch with them now.

I had checked with the cable off and it’s still dropping.

Cheers

chico66
    Free Member

Onza: Got any links to how to bleed the cartridge? I’ve got a Lev that has the sinking problem 🙁

JoeG
    Free Member

Chico – I think it has to go in for service; its nit a DIY.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s a thread on mtbr somewhere with some good photo instructions. I’m always willing to have a go at such things but if it was mine and only 6 months old, it would be going back under warranty. It’s not a straightforward process. Even the original manufacture is gone submerged in oil to exclude and air.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Excessive play in KS Lev’ is closed to new replies.