Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Excellent cafes. Recommendations!
  • RustySpanner

Just for a bit of balance.
    Caffs that offer good value, friendly service, excellent food & a pleasant location.

Hollingworth Lake Visitors Centre, , Rochdale.

Y Caban, Brynrefail, Snowdonia – the hummus is a bit special.

Wavecrest Cafe, Church Bay, Anglesey.
    If you’re anywhere near this one, it’s a must.

Russell Cafe, Welsh Highland Railway Station, Porthmadog.

Crafnant Cafe, Snowdonia.

The Bay Tree, Hawes.

Dales Bike Centre, Reeth.

Any more?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Baristas, Bristol

Kevevs
    Free Member

thanks for the positive info, this is a better thread isn’t it! didn’t know there was a decent caff in Crafnant.

peterfile
    Free Member

The Wee Blether Tearoom – Loch Ard

mmmmmmmm……

RustySpanner

It’s not open all the time Kev, but we always stop when it is.
    Leek & potato soup followed by Bara Brith or a big cake – it’s great. 🙂

DavidB
    Free Member

Zappis in Oxford

wallop

Chew Valley Lake

AJames
    Free Member

Petes Eats!

allyharp

The Wee Blether Tearoom – Loch Ard

mmmmmmmm……
    Arse, that place looks great from the photos on the website. We were out that way a couple of month’s back, saw this place from the road, then decided to carry on to some shitehole in Aberfoyle instead 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Cafe/shop in Berwick St. James (nearish Stonehenge). Huge slab of home-made bread pudding for 50p GET IN. 8)

Pieface

Costa at Chester Service station – its just a generic expensive coffee outlet but its in just the right location.

Kevevs
    Free Member

hot chocolate with melted marsh mallows and a huge bacon bap at Llandegla. mmn!

RustySpanner

Forgot Tebay Services – but everyone knows about that place, right?

athgray
    Free Member

I like Ramblers in Peebles. Nice fry up.

rickmeister

Gullane, Falko Cake-tastic

Time served German Konditormeister….

Anna-B
    Free Member

CG I got a route that goes right past there! It’s always shut though….looking at their website I must always be doing that ride on a Sunday afternoon, better ride planning next time!

tommygunadam
    Free Member
    Nipper99
    Free Member

The whole food cafe (Lakeland Pedler I think)in Kendle – vege chille is ace.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I almost put it in the Rip Off Cafes thread, till I realised it was about “crap” cafes. Chessell Pottery’s cafe on the Isle of Wight serves humungous slices of cake and scones that are a cut above most other tea stops. Pricey but well worth the difference.

drain

The Four Teas Cafe in Cholsey, superb cakes and other food / coffee, very handy when dropping down from the Ridgeway.

Philby

New Manor Farm Shop at West Harptree near to the Chew Valley lakes in North Somerset – great cakes and puddings.

Also the cafe at Yatton Station at the start of the Strawberry Line ticks most boxes.

tazzymtb

cafe florence at loggerheads – top food and don’t mind manky muddy singlespeeders eating their body weight in lovely home made cakes after a day in the clwyds

Taff
    Free Member

Brother in law has just opened Cloisters in Petersfield. Really nice food and bike friendly

AlasdairMc

Inshriach Nursery near Aviemore is brilliant – The expectation when you visit is that you will be eating cake, and good cake it is!
    The Old Library Tearoom in Balquhidder is another good one. I’ve stopped there a couple of times after big rides where its position on the Sustrans makes it rude not to. Again good cake, but with sandwiches as well.

RustySpanner

Forgot this one as well:

Arts & Crafts Gallery & Cafe, Malltraeth, Anglesey.

martinhutch

Three I like on local rides:

Tea shop at Kilnsey Park (trout farm place), not terribly cheap but nice grub, handy for Mastiles Lane etc.

Farm shop with cafe attached just north of Airton on the way to Malham. Again not uber cheap.

The cafe at Five Rise Locks in Bingley. Felt like good value to me.

All three have bike racks.

servo
    Free Member

Skyline cafe at Afan has the biggest flapjacks in the world. Thought it was two stuck together! Great hot food as well.

strackbaz
    Free Member

Forgot Tebay Services – but everyone knows about that place, right?

Popped in there a few weeks ago on the way down to the Peak District – spent a fortune in the farm shop, although their food is very good.

If venturing into Mugdock Park & surrounding areas, give the usual visitor centre a miss and head to Bullands Cafe. It’s back in the town centre beside the Cross Keys Pub. They do fantastic soups and their chicken & mango baguettes are supreme. The also serve the best homemade empire biscuits & vistoria sponge.

stever
    Free Member

Fans of bicycles and cafes should definitely pay a visit to http://www.patisseriecyclisme.co.uk/

neninja
    Free Member

2nd the Dales Bike Centre nr Reeth

I also like the cafe at Grizedale. Had some lovely cake and toasties there.

Also a shout for Parkhead cafe on the Waskerley Way – they do a really good hot beef and gravy bun.

MrSmith
    Free Member

bar italia

hp_source

Cafe Cali in Hebden Bridge… 8)

&

Grandpa Green’s Ice Cream, Diggle/Saddleworth.

&

Tunnel End Cafe in Marsden for a brew after descending the pack horse route.

phil56

The cafe attached to Dean Forest Cycles was great yesterday – ‘Grandma’s Power Fruit Cake was superb!

antigee

local to me and a good call in on a road ride is the swimming pool cafe at hathersage

also a bit too local as in nearly home the Bankside cafe in Langsett changed hands a couple of years ago has been renovated and is much brighter and pleasant with good coffee and excellent value food (no relation just think the effort needs some bigging up)

hora
    Free Member

Cafe Cali in Hebden Bridge

Only really had coffee there but some cafe’s in Hebden are ridiculously expensive 😯

easygroove
    Free Member

Pilu, Freshwater Beach…..if you happen to be in Manly, Sydney 8)

SimonR

Courtyard Cafe in Hope – great coffee and good value.

Right next to 18Bikes too 😀

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Wilfs in Staveley,georgeous carrot cake, Hollands in coniston, opposite the public toilets, Nice coffee and cakes, are just two that we base mtb and road rides around!!

LeeW

Village store in Wolverly is great, home made cakes, all the butties made with locally baked bread with locally sourced sausages and bacon. Top nomage!

Special mention goes to Nimmings (sp?) at Clent, Olga’s in Kinver is good too.

crazy-legs

Another vote for Wilf’s Cafe in Staveley.
    The biggest chocolate brownies you’ve ever seen, fantastic!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Excellent cafes. Recommendations!’ is closed to new replies.