Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Excel help needed please
  • stayhigh

Hi

I need to make a basic Ecxel worksheet to show hours worked and have no idea where to start.

Can anyone direct me to a sensible how to/idiot guide site please?

Cheers 🙂

geoffj
    wwaswas

lots of templates for timesheets here;

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010117277.aspx

[edit] where he said.

stayhigh

Hmmm, thanks for the links but cant quite seem to find what I’m looking for there.

I just wanted a basic chart of sun-mon with two rows of hours worked underneath and a totals box at the end.

My work has recently changed rota systems and is saying that I owe them hours when I’m doing less hours then I was previously. I wanted to make a spreadsheet to compare the two ie new in row 1 vs old in row 2 and the difference shown at the end.

I guess as its pouring hard here still todays not a bad day to find a tutorial lol

mrmo
    Free Member

i guess you are entering time start, time finish, mon-fri and then at the end want a box that says what you have done?

It isn’t hard to do, what i will caution, If you do it wrong excel will assume your times are numbers and calculations will be based on that basis. The only other thing, final column is =sum()

br
    Free Member

If you are struggling to do that in Excel, then stop wasting your time and just write it on a piece of paper and work it out.

speaker2animals

I’ve just emailed you a spreadsheet over, hope that it helps. Just thought it is in 2007 format. If you can’t open it let me know and I’ll save it as an early format.

Cheers

Andy S

stayhigh

Hi Andy

Thanks very much for doing the spreadsheet, tis much appreciated 🙂

Carl

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Excel help needed please’ is closed to new replies.