Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Excel and hyperlinks
  • mariner
    Free Member

I am creating a spreadsheet based on information cut and pasted across from an online website of share information.
    Everything is fine until I delete hyperlinks at which point Excel crashes then spends half an hour downloading to MS.
    I have tried all hyperlinks and I have tried single hyperlink both have same result.

Is there any way I can copy without hyperlinks or maybe format the sheet to exclude them?

IHN

Try:

CtrlA (select all)
    CtrlK (hyperlink)
    -> Remove hyperlink

Not sure if this will work to remove all the hyperlinks at once, but worth a try

thols2

Is there any way I can copy without hyperlinks or maybe format the sheet to exclude them?

Paste Special >>> Values

rogermoore

I am creating a spreadsheet based on information cut and pasted across from an online website of share information.

Not sure if it will solve your issue, but have you tried this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLWCUgCYl5Y
    RM.

Greybeard
    Free Member

If I cut and paste from web pages I often find it works better to paste into Word first, tidy up there and then paste into Excel. There are more option in search and replace for getting rid of spare line breaks, rebuilding tables with the right columns, etc. If you paste into Word as text the hyperlinks are disabled.

mariner
    Free Member

Tried the Word route and it works if I change to local formatting then transfer to Excel.
    A bit of a faff but at least it stops Excel crashing.
    I will try the other suggestions later.
    Thanks for replies.

thols2

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ahahahaha

Thols2 has the correct answer and also that Venn is getting copied.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you paste into notepad instead of word it gets rid of everything except the text and you can then paste straight into Excel. If you use word it will copy a lot of the formatting and possible hyperlinks that need editing out.

I had to something similar once and ended up with the website, notepad and Word open. Copy from website; Alt-Tab to Notepad, CTRL-C, CTRL-A, Ctrl-X to paste and then cut; Alt-Tab to Excel and CTRL-V

It took a while but very quickly the keys=trokes became almost automatic so was faster than I expected.

leffeboy

So,not just me doing that then. It’s a pain but it solves so many problems

joshvegas
    Free Member

Alternatively as per the honerouble gentleman

Paste Special >>> values

No faffing about with notepad etc does the job in one right click.

mogrim

I had to something similar once and ended up with the website, notepad and Word open. Copy from website; Alt-Tab to Notepad, CTRL-C, CTRL-A, Ctrl-X to paste and then cut; Alt-Tab to Excel and CTRL-V

FTFY:

I had to something similar once and ended up with the website, notepad and Word open. Copy from website; Alt-Tab to Notepad, CTRL-V, CTRL-A, Ctrl-X to paste and then cut; Alt-Tab to Excel and CTRL-V

Cougar

Dunno about Excel, but in Word (and Outlook) you can paste something then tap (not hold) Ctrl and press T and it’ll strip all the formatting from what you just pasted.

Though after 8 months of silence I suspect the OP has either solved their conundrum or given up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Excel and hyperlinks’ is closed to new replies.