Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Ex smokers
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Re: electronic cigarettes.

There’s presently no regulation regarding these products and, therefore, no way of knowing what’s in them

Of course there is.

You buy your materials from the UK rather than the far east, and You mix your own juice.

You know exactly what’s in them then.

(Glycerin and Menthol Flakes in mine currently. 2 ingredients, hardly difficult to keep track of)

hora
    Free Member

Weird seeing people puffing away on them in pubs. You do a double-take dont you?!

Keep it up. I cant believe how much 20 is nowadays. Madness.

lerk
    Free Member

9th of October 2012 at 2100hrs was my last cig…
    I have photos of it at various stages of burning down and find that a quick glance (particularly at one about half gone) gives me all the willpower I need.
    I did the wuss route of champix this time although only did three and a half weeks as they started really messing with my head…

Unfortunately, I also substituted food for nicotine – oh and caffeine, lots of caffeine…
    Now I’m 6 months clear I need to really stamp on the diet/fitness side of things!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

20 cigs in Oz are $15. They don’t sell 10s either, but they do sell 20s, 25s and 50s in one box!

Day 3 for me. Fortunately my work supply patches, inhalers and lozenges. No patch today but had a couple of lozenges. Doing good.

hora
    Free Member

Unfortunately, I also substituted food for nicotine – oh and caffeine, lots of caffeine…

+1!

I went through a phase of being addicted to fresh orange juice straight after.

Andy

148 days stopped (used patches btw) after 25 years a smoker. No coughing phase for me.

Still crave a fag though – especially in this nice weather – hmmm the pleasure of a cigarette in the garden in the evening. Wonder if that will ever go away…

hora
    Free Member

Still crave a fag though – especially in this nice weather – hmmm the pleasure of a cigarette in the garden in the evening. Wonder if that will ever go away…

Yes, you’ll taste the cold beer that you sip even better. The thirst-quenching beauty. The smoke robbed you off this.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I stopped a few years back, got the food cravings as well as a muscle memory of smoking. Sometimes, just going through the motions of putting your ha d to your mouth and taking a deep breath of air, helps overcome that need. If weight is not a problem then a sausage roll can solve both problems at the same time.

willard

Not smoked since December the 1st 2011 and am so happy that I finally made the decision to quit.

Yes, I had coughs and cold-like sniffles for the first month and was coughing shit up, but that stopped soon enough as my body got rid of the crap that was stopping me breathing. After that it got easier. Now I just don’t seem to really get colds and there is no way that I would be able to do what I do now (run, cycle, etc) as effectively if I was a smoker still.

Mind you, I hate seeing and smelling smoke, so I am about the worst possible ex-smoker.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’m brilliant at giving up smoking, must have done at at least 7 times 🙄

This time I do want to give up and stay stopped. For some reason (probably because I’m not 100% happy) I only smoke at work. When I’m at home I have no real need or want for a fag, when I’m at work its almost any excuse. Even if I’m off on holiday for a week I won’t touch one till I go back.

Think I’ll have a look at the Alan Carr book this time, seems to be a lot of good reviews for it

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Ex smokers’ is closed to new replies.