Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ex-pats: How long until the prices on wiggle/CRC start coming down?
  • bigrich

I’ve got my eye on some wheels and a Di2 drivetrain – when will sterlings collapse translate to cheaper bits?

fooman

In the short term UK exports will rise with the collapse of the pound, until CRC need to restock & prices will shoot up, so don’t leave it too long.

MSP

Day or 2, just as long as it takes the banks to adjust exchange rates and be applied to your credit card, be quick they will only last as long as new stock has to be brought into the UK.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’ve got my eye on some wheels and a Di2 drivetrain – when will sterlings collapse translate to cheaper bits?

Prices, i.e. the actual numbers in either pounds or euros, won’t change in the short term as currency variations are a risk that is built into any good pricing structure. The only way you will get a benefit at the moment is if you have euros but are paying in sterling.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Hope your not with Commonwealth bank as they have just suspended exchange with Sterling.

@jo_mackson Hi! Due to results from the British exit referendum we’re suspending foreign exchange of GBP pound until further notice

bigrich

Prices, i.e. the actual numbers in either pounds or euros, won’t change in the short term as currency variations are a risk that is built into any good pricing structure.

the prices go up and down quite regularly.

Hope your not with Commonwealth bank as they have just suspended exchange with Sterling.

bollocks

uphillcursing
    Free Member

bollocks

From their Twitter feed. Could be true, most likely not. However, nice bit of scaremongering.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m guessing the big lot will hold prices until they settle then sort it out. Pound recovery is not likely to be that quick as somebody needs to do something to fix it and inject stability.

In sensible terms make friends with your LBS Rich, had near matching on lots of stuff recently. You melbourne?

batfink
    Free Member

their Twitter feed. Could be true, most likely not. However, nice bit of scaremongering.

It’s completely true…. It won’t let me transfer money back into GBP (great british pesos)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ex-pats: How long until the prices on wiggle/CRC start coming down?’ is closed to new replies.