• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Mbnut.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • EWS Glentress Guide Request Free Curry & Beer
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

I’m heading to GT on the 14th of Sept for two nights, 3 days riding with a small group of mates, we have done GT several times & enjoyed part of the EWS loop last year & did a cheeky afternoon loop recently on the way back from Torridon.

After looking at costs for a guide to find & enjoy all the hidden gems it’s bloody expensive, if any one local fancies a day out with a small group of half decent riders showing us the off piste parts, in return for a free night out with us curry & beer all paid for please drop me a line, we have gpx routes & various bits of info of the web but it’s the local knowledge that knows the hidden gems we want to enjoy, surely that’s worth a good curry and plenty of ale !!

Were looking at the 15th for the guided day out, staying at the usual kailzie bunk house smashing place.

Cheers
    Mark

fergal
    Free Member

Don’t miss Spooky Wood – part of this years fabled stage 6, canceled due to the high winds, there were a few tears shed by the pro’s who didn’t get to test their metal against this legendary trail.

frood
    Free Member

Could be up for doing that, just to check it’ is a Monday/Tuesday.

Edit: can’t see your contact details

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Well, they claimed it was Spooky they were distraught to miss but really it was the unmistakable charms of Betty Blue.

Not sure if I’m around that weekend… This is mostly a quality control job tbh as it’s so easy to find great riding, and some of the EWS stages haven’t really been the best the valley has to offer tbh. There’s loads of folks on here who know the golfy better than me but if all else fails drop me a line and I can do you a 2 day “best of EWS” and some other stuff?

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Frood,

Were looking at driving up on the 14th Monday having a leg stretch cheeky red then hopefully guided ride 15th Tuesday, booking the curry house in Inners, been there before & it’s superb though you’ll of probably tied it before.

Five of us, on 4 Bronson’s & one YT Capra cracking lads 4 of us did the Ard Rock recently & had a grand time.

Cheers
    Mark

at ma r ky then the number 3SEvenEig8ATTTtttthottlettersDOootcom

email address above frood, to keep spammers away

matt_outandabout

Strava heatmap.

BoardinBob

Strava heatmap.

Which is fine as a general rule, but if I think about the caberston end of the EWS stuff, the heatmap could take you to the start of Nae Spleens, 3G and Repeat Offender which are all within a few yards of each other.

br
    Free Member

frood knows his way around, and you won’t tire him 🙂

youngrob

I’d go straight to the golfy if I were you. You can easily get a full days riding on the trails that Bob suggests. GT is good but the golfy is ridiculously good. If you add Waterworld and Jawbone you have some of the best trails in the area.

frood
    Free Member

Mark, YHM (hopefully) I’m happy to show you around as much/little gnar as you like. As per b r’s comment above, you’ll struggle to tire me out by making me ride my bike.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Northwind shouldn’t cost you more than £4 at the curry house and that’s including drink.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Sounds spot on frood, a grand day out larking on some cracking trails with a energetic young loon! followed by a good feed and some beers.

Got your mail no worries.

partickbateman
    Free Member

I could show you about the good EWS bits but this “Best of EWS” idea sounds like a cracker and well worth a day off work, no free curry or beer required. Would go for the golfy side simply due to volume of trails but GT has some crackers there too.

Either way sounds like an ace day out with serious potential to create an awesome route.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Sorry for the hi jack….

B.R. did we ride the Golfie when you showed us around?

Is it natural, dirt/mud etc, does it hold up well in the winter? I feel the urge to make a border raid, hopefully involving a sprinkling of the white stuff at some point latter in the year.

Have fun Yorky…. a terrific area…. I can recommend Francos in Peebles for an authentic Italian too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘EWS Glentress Guide Request Free Curry & Beer’ is closed to new replies.