Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 260 total)
  • Ewe, ios7, hurl
  • earl_brutus

Gonna stick with ios 6 for a while i think for my trusty ipad, not really selling ios 7 to me this thread!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

With the new flatter colours, I can see far fewer of the scratches that are all over my screen.

GrahamS

Actually I think it is really good on the iPad earl.

I’d say it is generally an improvement on the phone too, except the Calendar bit and a few minor niggles.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

quick question to all you nerdz/techo geeks out there

when taking photos on the new ios7 with the effects on (black and white etc), when i then plug my iphone into the computer to load the pics directly from the phone to the computer, they are loading up in just normal colour? so the black and white effect etc has literally disappeared off the photo?

any ideas STW massiv?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not on a 5S, it’s not powerful enough, nor does it have enough memory. But I do see it as a step on the way towards a future phone that can be plugged into a keyboard and monitor and be used as a fully-functional Mac/Android/Windows machine.

as if by magic the future
    http://www.ubuntu.com/phone/
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpWHJDLsqTU[/video]
    (runs on a Nexus 4)

GrahamS

Yeah looks interesting mike, but sadly until we persuade 99% of offices to move away from Windows and Microsoft I’m not sure how useful it is. Cool though.

In other news, looks like that “unbreakable” TouchID didn’t last too long.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/09/iphone-5s-fingerprint-security-can-be-easily-broken-hackers-show/

nealglover
    Free Member

First, the fingerprint of the enroled user is photographed with 2400 dpi resolution. The resulting image is then cleaned up, inverted and laser printed with 1200 dpi onto transparent sheet with a thick toner setting. Finally, pink latex milk or white woodglue is smeared into the pattern created by the toner onto the transparent sheet. After it cures, the thin latex sheet is lifted from the sheet, breathed on to make it a tiny bit moist and then placed onto the sensor to unlock the phone.

I think I will be safe leaving my phone on the coffee table at home then 😐

GrahamS

Aye, it’s interesting though because it sounds like it was bypassed in exactly the same way people said it would be (including folk on here) and which Apple said wouldn’t work.

zilog6128

I assume the $16k+ bounty has been claimed then? Nice little payday for someone!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

previous experience would tell us not to put un in front of many words – unsinkable anyone?

nealglover
    Free Member

If I was the sort of person who had anything on their phone that anyone would be bothered about enough to go to those lengths to hack.

Then I would be glad that they would using a photograph of my fingerprint to do it, rather than a set of bolt cutters and my actual finger 😀

GrahamS

Yep, thinking anything is unhackable is naive, but specifically claiming that it can’t be hacked by the most obvious technique that anyone who has ever watched CSI, Mission Impossible, Bourne etc would come up with, was very silly indeed.

GrahamS

If I was the sort of person who had anything on their phone that anyone would be bothered about enough to go to those lengths to hack

Hmmm… easy access to my PayPal, eBay, Amazon, wiggle accounts, plenty of identity theft information (home address, bills etc), my personal email, corporate email, corporate VPN, and of course all those pictures of your wife…

There’s more on there than you realise!

nealglover
    Free Member

…There’s more on there than you realise!

Not really.

If I was the sort of person who had anything on their phone that anyone would be bothered about enough to go to those lengths to hack

I’m not saying there is nothing on there anybody would want.

But not if they have to go through all the Mission Impossible faff I mentioned above.

lemonysam
    Free Member

But not if they have to go through all the Mission Impossible faff I mentioned above.

Especially when the alternative is just to watch me put my code in.

nealglover
    Free Member

..Especially when the alternative is just to watch me put my code in.

I don’t even have a code as I turned it off.
    It used to annoy me.

I live life right on the edge I do 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

I don’t even have a code as I turned it off.
    It used to annoy me.

Me too, but don’t tell anyone or they’ll nick my home videos of me twerking in front of the mirror.

franksinatra

Unbelievable, apparently IOS7 does not make your phone waterproof.

Idiots drowning their phones

bikebouy
    Free Member

I pick up my new 5S at the w/e, I think I’ve just got used to the Fisher Price UI on the Pad now so should be fine, shouldn’t I? 😕

legend
    Free Member

My phone now appears to have been fully broken, by iOS7? Put it in my pocket with 29% battery left, 45mins later (mobile data the only thing running, all apps closed) it’s at 19%, half and hour later 12%. Then tried to turn off anything extra that could have an effect on the battery, dropped to 9% then switched off – yay!

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 260 total)

The topic ‘Ewe, ios7, hurl’ is closed to new replies.