• This topic has 28 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tthew.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Evri press release… a new addition to ‘where’s my stuff?’
  • stwhannah

This just landed in my inbox, no idea quite why, but given the many threads on the Forum about missing parcels (and my own hair tearing experiences of trying to locate items), I thought you might enjoy it. I am so looking forward to more random photos of my neighbours’ bins, the dog kennel across the road, doorsteps that aren’t mine etc etc… The last delivery attempt I had from them was a photo taken while parked on the pavement in front of my house, showing the neighbour’s drive, telling me they couldn’t deliver because they couldn’t find my house.

EVRI EXTENDS TRIALS SAFE PLACE PHOTOS CONCEPT TO INCLUDE COLLECTIONS

Evri (formerly Hermes UK), is trialling an extension of its ‘safe place delivery photo concept’ to include courier collections to further improve its communications with those consumer customers using the service to send or return parcels. These photos will then be available to the customer alongside their tracking information.

The trial involves a sample of couriers nationwide taking photos of parcels once they have been successfully collected including from a ParcelShop and/or Locker location and also when an attempt has been unsuccessful in order to explain why and find a solution. This could include: access issues; problems with the size and/or suitability of the parcel; no response from the address and problems finding the address. It will also enable the courier to flag problems such as road closures and any technical issues.

Commenting on the initiative Joe Tarragano Chief Product Officer at Evri, said: “We are always looking at ways to improve our service and, if the trial is successful, sharing these photos with our customers will provide another layer of communication about the journey of their item. In addition, where there is a problem it will be easier to identify and resolve quickly.”

Bruce

They could start improving by realising that delivering something does not include leaving it on the doorstep.
    To be fair it was the correct doorstep.
    Luckily one of our neighbours took our parcel in and left us a note.

sailor74
    Free Member

i had the following live chat this morning…..

“hi, i ordered earlier this week and my items arrived next day and im very pleased with them. i thought therefore i would take a chance and ordered yesterday in the hope of a next day delivery. imagine my disappointment to receive an email from Evri telling me they have my parcel. ive adjusted my expectations and certainly dont expect to receive it today, the jury is out as to whether i will receive it at all such is the Evri delivery lottery. i just wondered if you were aware that Royal Mail is passing your deliveries to Asendia who are subcontracting to Evri? if this is likely to be a reoccurring thing i wonder if you would consider a separate delivery option with a courier company who are competent, any other will do! i would be more than happy to pay a little more for a courier that is reliable”.

i followed it up later today after Evri predictably apologised for not being able to deliver my parcel today less than an hour after telling me they were delivering it in the next couple of hours…..

“Hi

I was hoping to be proven wrong following my earlier live chat but as predicted Evri (Hermes) failed to deliver as usual. I suspect the initial tease at 16:04 was just a lie, but at least this time they haven’t pretend to have delivered it. Please, if at all possible, consider offering an alternative at checkout, even if costs more, this company is consistently awful!”

unfortunatley im away for the next few days so its anyones guess whether they will actually deliver, and if they do that they are capable of putting it in my ‘safe place’ and not just dumping it on the doorstep.

i have no idea how this company continues to get business. seems that the name change really was just a ploy to try and disassociate themselves from the Hermes bad reputation. im sure in a few more months they will rebrand and the cycle of crapness will continue on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fooman

RoyalMail going on strike may be driving some of Evri’s growth. The last strike caused a lot of delays for ecommerce, next strike is on the busiest black Friday weekend.

convert

A local lady posted on our community facebook page this week. She’s just started working for Evri again – was a Hermes employee before she went on her travels…..and now she’s back she is responsible for Evri deliveries for approximately half the local area with a 3rd party delivery firm covering the rest. The previous employees have all left, leaving her to pick up the mess. They are currently not looking to employ anyone else to help her and she was posting to appeal for clemency for the abuse she was getting on the doorstep – she’s doing the best she can.

When she walked in on day one there was a 1000 parcel backlog. On average she gets 150 more parcels added to her stash daily and to date the backlog has grown every day, not reduced. And that’s before the christmas increase in business just around the corner. She’s at her wits end and feels she’s failing. It’s a big rural area with significant drives between deliveries – there is no hope of here getting on top of that workload.

All I can say…what a bunch on money grabbing ****. A disgusting way to treat employees and paying customers alike. If you don’t have the staff, reduce the amount of business you are taking. Or pay more money.

I’d had to wait a month for about a dozen parcels back in September, I’m now emailing customer services of online retailers to see who they use and actively avoiding placing orders with companies that use evri – locally at least there is just no point in bothering.

bruneep

I actively avoid any company that uses evri now after they lost my parcel. Took me best part of 2 months of emailing their CEO for them to pay out. shower of shite

csb

@convert surely someone needs to help this woman (who sounds incredibly dedicated and loyal) to find something else!?

kimbers

Well I can confirm that evri are just as useless as myhermes

But their refund policy seems to be swifter

tthew

Got a bike frame I sold on eBay been waiting to be collected by them for a week now. Was actually booked through the eBay parcel system so I’m not even sure if I take it to the local drop-off shop the barcode will work. Buyer is being very patient, but it was him who asked for a cheaper option than Royal Mail, so it’s partly his fault! 😁😠

fooman

Yes you can drop it off as long as it has an Evri barcode, your main problem might be not all drop off locations are happy having something the size of a bike frame hanging around.

tthew

not all drop off locations are happy having something the size of a bike frame hanging around.

Another issue that had occurred to me. There are a few places near work, hopefully one of them will be accommodating. It is just under their size limit.

cookeaa

First rule of taking a hostage isn’t it? Provide photographic evidence that you have them…

Flaperon

I’m on (unusually!) Evri’s side when it comes to collections. I had a job doing multi-drop a few years ago and collections were a nightmare. People were so desperate to thief-proof their parcels that actually retrieving the package was like a scene from Indiana Jones.

“In shed” usually translated to “climb over locked gate, make way down entire length of huge garden, identify which of several sheds the package might be in, find the key under one of a million identical stones outside, open rusty padlock, search shed to find terribly-wrapped package placed under upside-down recycling box, and then reverse all the previous steps to get out in the 90 seconds allocated to the job.

johnnystorm

@tthew

It is just under their size limit.

I had this sending a frame. It was under Hermes size limits but the shop refused as it would get in their way. Luckily found another that would take it in. I think there’s a difference between “what will go in the van” and “what will be accepted”.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

tthew

Got a bike frame I sold on eBay been waiting to be collected by them for a week now

Don’t send a bike frame via Evri. It’s too large for the vans they use. Yes, despite being within their size limits.
    This is the some of the tracking from when I sent a frame (£800 worth) – it ended up coming back to me over 2 weeks after sending it. I then sent via Paisley and it arrived the next day.

Alex

Our local Evri delivery person is lovely. He brings dog treats so both our dogs love the sound of his old diesel Renault pulling up outside. A bit like an earlier poster tho, he now covers what used to be a 2 person area on his own. He went on holiday for a week and they didn’t bother finding someone to take on his deliveries. Came back to 100s of parcels.

Two of which were mine. Both of which were ‘out for delivery’ for nearly a week even tho they were stacked in the warehouse. Now joined by a third. My last missive to CRC/Wiggle was ‘sent 3, lost 3 is that how you calculate your 100% satisfaction score?’.

I feel sorry for Ian (deliver fella) he’s doing his best. The company tho, what a shower. I assume Wiggle/CRC use them so they can upsell you the premium delivery?

First rule of taking a hostage isn’t it? Provide photographic evidence that you have them…

Did not get enough recognition 🙂

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Our Evri delivery lady is great. She works 6 days a week and deliveries are always as expected.
    However every single delivery due on a Sunday (her day off) without fails goes missing, not delayed, just vanishes. Last wiggle parcel said attempted to deliver, when queried the GPS system told them it hadn’t been near to our address, refunded, no questions asked.

Rich_s

Our evri guy likes the bigger parcels – he makes more money from them! So he loves it when I send biggish lightish things.

tthew

Don’t send a bike frame via Evri.

Too late!

She accepted it into her little offie, with a lot of grumbling. 😁

kimbers

Yes you can drop it off as long as it has an Evri barcode, your main problem might be not all drop off locations are happy having something the size of a bike frame hanging around.

I was told by 2 drop off shops that the local driver would refuse anything he deemed too big & if forced to accept it would become lost in their system, so they had to deal with angry customers

Also to phone evri, their helpline charges a £6! connection fee and the online chat is beyond useless

gobuchul
    Free Member

They could start improving by realising that delivering something does not include leaving it on the doorstep.
    To be fair it was the correct doorstep.

I guess I’m lucky, we can get stuff left on our doorstep and it never disappears.

A little benefit of small village life.

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Too late!

Good luck!

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

their helpline charges a £6! connection fee

WOT!? See all those “Enquiry raised” lines, you telling me they were £6 a go?? 😲

ads678

I sent a bike frame with Parcelforce on Monday, cost me £6 for 48hr delivery. Box was 115x26x51cm’s.

I’ve found Evri to be pretty decent really and I’ve sent and recieved loads of stuff with them. Don’t sent big stuff with them though.

We left the kids school coats at my mums at the weekend, so asked her to post them. I organised with Evri and she dropped them off at the shop yesterday. They arrived with me at 11:30am this morning.

CountZero

Along with a copy of the day’s Daily Mail front page… 😉

seadog101

This will probably jinx it, but Evri, and Hermes before it, have never had any trouble getting stuff to our house on time.

Last two things have arrived a day earlier than the seller advised. We seem to always get one of two regular drivers.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Bought an eBay item recently, the seller claimed they’d used Evri but the tracking showed a company called INPOST UK?

They marked it as delivered even though I was in and it definitely did not arrive. Opened a case with eBay but the seller is doubling down by pointing to the ‘delivered’ status. No idea who the courier is and how this is going to pan out…

tthew

eBay shipping isn’t entirely transparent recently. If you go for their service it actually goes to a third party called Packlink, who look like some kind of broker, think Paisley Freight. From there you can choose who may deliver your parcel out of a few options inc. Evri. Your seller may have got a little confused. Doesn’t help with your missing stuff though.

tthew

UPDATE – Packlink gave me a partial refund plus credit against the next parcel I dispatch by way of apologies. I might give the buyer the refund my way of an apology, and I think the credit may go unused as I’m not sure I’ll use them again, but it’s a good try at reasonable compensation.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.