Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Evri deliveries – useless
  • damascus
    Free Member

Bought a new rear mech from chain reaction in the sales, got an evri delivery reference the day after. I didn’t pay for postage so had to wait 4 days for it to be collected. It’s for my bike packing bike so it’s all ready for the badger divide at the start of May. I thought, it’s ok, no rush.

Tonight, there’s a knock on the door, bloke says he’s got a parcel but it’s a big bag and it looks like its full of clothing. I tell him I’m not expecting it and look at the label, it’s for a women 3 miles away. He checks and turns it over and my details are on the other side, has my name and crc details so I think, ok, it might just be packaging. As soon as I take it, he’s in the car and he’s off.

I open it up and……

Some lovely women’s Asian clothing’s and some kids pink unicorn pj’s.

I emailed crc and within 2 hours I have a full refund and an apology, they no longer have my rear mech on stock.

OK, I’ll get in touch with evri, except its about £6 to connect and God knows what per minute. I try an online complaints form but that doesn’t work. Eventually I try the e bot but that thinks it’s been delivered and I’m happy, it even shows a picture of it on my doorstep.

Crc refunded me on a Sunday quicker than I was able to raise a complaint with evri!

So, I’ve just ordered another one but not in the sale so more expensive.

Rant over but very impressed with chain reaction.

Is it just me that has no luck with evri? Half of me wonders if they see the chain reaction badge and it disappears and they stick my label on another one to show it’s been delivered. Do labels fall off that easily and get placed perfectly square on other bags?

I’m guessing by how quickly crc refunded me, it happens all the time.

sc-xc

Hopefully they’ll say sari.

the_kenburg

I actually had a good Evri delivery yesterday, two pairs of 5:10s from Sportshoes.co.uk.
    My heart normally sinks if I see Evri as the courier though.

crosshair
    Free Member

“Damon” our Evri driver is awesome here. Just left another review on their site yesterday saying what a total legend he is.

tjagain

Used to be utterly useless here but a new person took over the round who found 2 pallets of undelivered parcels but is actually able to find my flat and deliver.  They tried to deliver something I had had refunded a month before for non delivery

I’d still however not knowing use a company who use them or yodel given how poor both have been in the past

TheGingerOne

Our Evri driver is also awesome, only person we give beers to each Christmas as a thanks, especially as he has to put up with the state of our unmade road

hightensionline

Excellent Evri service here as well – 2 days from order to delivery this week for some tyres from Start Fitness as an example. The usual driver is a star as well, so I guess it’s totally luck of the draw on location.
    Royal Mail, well that’s another story. I tense up if that’s the only option.

kimbers

The £6 phone connection fee is outrageous, considering how impossible it is to contact them any other way.

Our local driver is great,

But I’m currently chasing some forks that got lost over Easter 😡

And whoever does the collections from the local drop offs randomly rejects parcels within weight & size limit, the staff at the stores all day he’s an arse

Steve_B

No probs with our Evri deliveries. Well one delivery was to the wrong house but corrected by the time we complained. They do have a complaints chat which is free and quickly followed up -in my case.

RustyNissanPrairie

I was going to write about my hassle with Evri and £1200 of car parts from Germany but it was making me angry. So I’ll just say they are utter **** and I hope they go bust.

BigJohn

Ordered an NX groupset and bottom bracket from CRC Easter Monday. Free delivery. Delivered Wednesday morning by Evri.
    Happy with that.

phil5556

Our Evri drivers are great, it’s usually Agnes but there’s a couple of others too, I think it’s all down to how good your local drivers are.

Apart from when everything got a bit slow around Christmas due to them getting overwhelmed they’re genuinely spot on.

I bet I’ve jinxed it now though 🙄

DickBarton

Used to be fantastic, but since the name change I’m guessing they have had a staff change and they are truly dire.

dovebiker

Evri marks stuff as “delivered” when it gets to the island, not when it gets to the customer. A farmer ordered a pair of wellies, got a delivery notification but after 10 days called the supplier who send another pair. 2 weeks later, still no wellies so he calls up and they promise to send another pair. A week later the Evri driver shows up with 3 pairs of wellies as it wasn’t worth travelling that way for only 1 or 2 deliveries.

seadog101

We seem to be fairly lucky with our Evri deliveries. Only once has a package been left in a dumb spot, with no notification of delivery. Contacted the supplier who said it had been delivered days previous.

Sadly, it seems the drivers get the flack (I know they aren’t all blameless…), when it’s more likely a fowl up way before it gets to their vans.

DrJ

Our Evri guy is great – since I got Wiggle+ he’s like part of the family. But Royal Mail are fastest – even 2nd class often gets to us next day. Yodel and DPD – different story.

allanoleary
    Free Member

Evri “lost” £1700 worth of my parcels not that long ago. Funnily enough out of 7 orders the only one that made it was chocolate. The sellable/expensive items never arrived.

Yodel are now just as bad. A £100 pair of jeans left “in a safe place” were gone from under my front door when I got home 8 hours later. My front door is 15 feet from the pavement and completely visible to passers by.

We too have a fab delivery guy

scotroutes

Evri, Yodel, Royal Mail, DHL, UPS, Amazon etc… I never have issues with any of them delivering. Returns can sometimes be an issue due to a lack of local drop-off points though.

stanley

We also have a fantastic Evri delivery driver. She is careful with parcels, knows to knock loudly (deaf wife) and leaves them in a sensible place if no response.

Also, I’ve sent loads of things via Evri and it’s almost always gone smoothly. Just a bit of a worry once when £1500 of titanium parts went missing for a week before reappearing.

Drac

Our Evri driver is ace they even wave if I’m on a walk and they’re on their rounds. They know if I’m nights just to put the parcel through the door.

diggery
    Free Member

I recently ordered something to a family member. Delivery notice was of picture of it left outside a property that most certainly wasn’t theirs.

I clicked ‘review courier’ in the confirmation email and gave a 1 star review, with notes on how to find the correct property. An hour later is was on the mat and I got a phone call from customer services saying the courier had delivered to a totally different village – luckily left outside and not through a door so was collected and corrected.

Very odd, but a good resolution and I was surprised by the contact and follow up. Now I know the courier feedback system works I will use it more.

moimoifan
    Free Member

As with much of the service industry, generally the front line staff do a pretty good job, but they are prevented from doing that job in a significant % of instances by crap systems and/or back office. They then also bear the brunt of much of the frustration of customers. Our Evri guy is great like a lot of posters above. Oh, and a lot of customers are total arses as well.

z1ppy

I’m await a delivery from them, it’s been ‘with them’ for a week, but I can only start chasing (the supplier will be being chased) after 7 working days. Otherwise they’ve been fine lately, last delivery was a uniformed gent, not just a random man with a van.

kimbers

I’m await a delivery from them, it’s been ‘with them’ for a week, but I can only start chasing (the supplier will be being chased) after 7 working day

Im also stuck in this loop atm, but mine has bounced back to sender, been sent out again and now is just somewhere in the system

zilog6128

assuming this isn’t someone from Evri stealing your delivery & trying to cover it up, fault is with CRC warehouse surely for not attaching the label securely? The postage labels are pretty sticky & do not just “fall off” if used properly.

Our local driver is very good although there have been a few stories in the local rag recently where drivers have just been dumping sacks of parcels in the woods, etc, so yeah they’re not all great!!
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/evri-delivery-probe-after-sackfuls-of-parcels-dumped-278464/

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

I’m on first name terms with my Evri and Parcelforce couriers, for me it’s Yodel that fills me with dread, they once left some Lyriks in plain view, no extra box to conceal the item thanks to CRC for that, so Rockshox logos on full display, didn’t ring the doorbell, didn’t update tracking til later, probably told his mate to grab it off my doorstep but wasn’t quick enough, lucky I was in and saw him drive off, chances of my forks staying put for an hour or two, slim.

SSS
    Free Member

John our Evri delivery guy is great. Royal Mail is haphazard, get mail for neighbours and other farms about 3 miles away. DPD are awesome. DHL are variable and Yodel…. if i know Yodel are the delivery company i dont order/cancel the order

ogden
    Free Member

Our evri driver is great! Never had an issue. If the label has come off and attached to something else then surly that crc packing departments fault just as much?

Anne

The EVRI/CRC combination seems to have issues. Still waiting for a bottom bracket ordered from CRC a week ago. Until I complained (thats harder with CRC nowadays), EVRI claimed they never received the parcel from CRC, suddenly they have the parcel a week later. You get caught with CRC refusing to do anything until a week has gone and the chatbot at EVRI not giving you an option if they claim they are still waiting for the parcel.

Will order from Merlin if they have it in stock next time. Would go to LBS but its now a Trek store and not interested unless you are buying a new Trek.

Northwind

I use them for my ebay stuff, so that’s a couple of thousand deliveries. They’ve lost or damagedmaybe 6 or 7, delayed absolutely loads. That’s not too bad. And when they do lose stuff, it’s usually no fuss. Like, if Parcelforce lose an item the claims process is a complete pain in the arse, it’s all like “Lost? An item? That sounds unlikely!” whereas wth Evri it’s “Yeah, that sounds like us, fill in this annoying form and we’ll pretend like we’re looking for it for about 10 second and then refund you. I’ve had one really bad experience where they “delivered” a heavy car stereo by throwing it over a fence, and then tried to refuse to pay out because the insurance didn’t cover electronics- no, I’m not using my insurance, I’m claiming against you for negligence bordering on criminal damage. I did get a refund eventually but it was a total pain.

(most evri complaints as senders seem to come from people who either don’t bother to do a claim, or didn’t insure it. I don’t insure my smaller items, because it’s cheaper to just write off a very occasional small loss than to insure everything. But if you don’t insure your bike frame or whatever that’s on you)

Their customer service went absolutely to shit in the pandemic. Not because of the pandemic but because they realised they can get away with it- they had too many calls, fair enough, lots of extra parcels being sent and social distancing making callcentres difficult. So they fired up the chatbot, which is useless, to fend people off. And then they realised they could get away with that and people just went “sigh, evri,what do you expect” so they’ve never returned to pre-pandemic levels now that they know we’re used to shit. Not the only ones to have done this but it’s rubbish.

(ps never even try to use the bot outside of working hours, it doesn’t work- all of the options that should put you to a human just loop around or cut you off. The exact same options in working hours can take you to a person. But, they don’t even tell you that’s what’s happening so you just get stuck in an endless loop putting the same information in, or you just get “according to our system we haven’t delivered that, good bye”.)

It gets worse as a receiver since like Anne says they have no relationship with you and don’t care

Yodel are definitely the worst imo but as a sender I’d definitely rather use evri than most other services- hate Fedex, Parcelforce are good at delivering but crap when they don’t. and god forbid you use parcel2go or parcelmonkey and then have a non-simple problem.

jamesoz

The drivers are great, probably helps that a few live nearby. There even used to be a DHL driver who bought his truck home at lunch. I think he’s changed jobs. I don’t know if having depots near by helps, but all of them seem pretty good.
    I guess the test is when something goes wrong, like Virgin Media, fine until you have an issue, then utterly useless.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wiggle package delivered by evri today.

Plastic bag Torn wide open on one end .

Lucky nothing of value – a roll of fizik bar tape and a t-shirt …. Both made it along with the haribo

RustyNissanPrairie

I forgot to add my parcels are always sent to work – the largest employer in town, been there 100plus years, has 24/7 security in a little cabin. The Evri **** drive past and dumped one of my three parcels in a random goods yard with public access.
    The 2nd parcel was delivered properly to the security bloke, the 3rd they stole (Volvo brake discs).

orangeboy
    Free Member

Robbing lying dishonest oxygen thief’s

Just not worth the stress of trying to deal with them.

Sadly for many sellers and businesses they are the lowest cost and we as the consumer get shafted

damascus
    Free Member

Low and behold, it’s been lost

I am sorry to hear there has been an issue with your delivery and I understand how frustrating this is. Following your e-mail, I have conducted, an investigation into the status of your parcel.
    I have looked, into this issue for you and attempted to obtain further details of this delivery from your courier to help locate the correct parcel. However, I’m afraid I have been unable to gather the required information and so I must, unfortunately, deem your parcel unaccounted for.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for this disappointing outcome, I can understand how frustrating this situation may be for you. I would now advise you to contact Chain Reaction Cycles so they can make any necessary arrangements for you, which may include a refund or replacement. This is because we have agreements in place to assist you to a speedier resolution with any replacements or refunds. They will contact us on your behalf.

Kind regards, Natalie

Blackflag
    Free Member

I’d hate to jinx myself here but our Evri driver, Colin, is very reliable and does a good job. The downside is that he is quite racist.

woody2000

IME it’s NOT the final courier that is sh*t, it’s the sorting and depot work that seems utterly crap.  If the parcel gets to the actual delivery agent, it’s normally spot on.  I still try to avoid where possible though!

kimbers

IME it’s NOT the final courier that is sh*t, it’s the sorting and depot work that seems utterly crap. If the parcel gets to the actual delivery agent, it’s normally spot on. I still try to avoid where possible though!

100% this

still no idea where my forks are, useless twunts

tjagain

In my cse it certainly was the delivery person.  2 palletts of undelivered parcels waiting for the driver to deliver them who could not be bothered.  I have also had them lie about attempting to deliver and that I was not in when I was in, no delivery was attempted and no card left.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.