Evoc bike – great product

Home Forum Bike Forum Evoc bike – great product

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Evoc bike – great product
  • Premier Icon Pawsy_Bear
    Subscriber

Product feedback. Ok off to Spain and taking Ms Zesty in a Evoc bike bag. Pretty painless experience. The bag is well made and has some well designed features. Very easy to use. Took 30 mins from start to finish to pack the bike. Very impressed so far, good wheels on the bag with lots of reinforcing on the bottom and feels well made and robust. Gets my vote if your in the market.

Only thoughts were that a 29 frame will fit in but the wheels wont. Update in a week 8)

mandog

Would you care to rent it out for a week at the end of March?

Premier Icon stuartlangwilson
    Subscriber

How much does it weigh empty?

Premier Icon Pawsy_Bear
    Subscriber

Would do but I am off to the Atlas Mountains MTB 26 Mar – 6 Apr – sorry. Also booked for Trans Alp in Jul 😀

showerman

avg weight is 8kilos for bag + my bike at 30k thats me at 38kilos 😯 bring on excess baggage but the bike will be nice and cosey on its trip with the baggage handlers

Premier Icon Pawsy_Bear
    Subscriber

Zesty is 11.7kg and I have a few tools to assemble the bike and its just over 20kg. So pretty good really. Flying Easyjet so way under weight limit.

Sporting equipment
    Each passenger is allowed a maximum hold baggage weight of 50 Kgs including any sports equipment, subject to available space. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kgs.

Premier Icon stuartlangwilson
    Subscriber

So its very heavy then! Cheers.

sambob

Your bike weighs 30 kilos showerman? Pounds surely?

showerman

thats the reason i ride so slow, yep stupid schoolboy mistake 30pounds it is

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

I bought one last week off merlin after seeing the scouse baggage handlers throw a mates bike down from the Aircraft onto the hardstanding. 🙄

All I can say is they are a fantastic bit of kit.

Clever germans.

Premier Icon Pawsy_Bear
    Subscriber

I wouldn’t say heavy. Its there to protect your bike. I want my bike protected. I notice the CTC advice was completely the opposite. They say go for a clear plastic bag so the handlers can see its a bike and treat it with respect. Load of cobblers if you ask me. Maybe the will maybe the wont, not taking the chance and ruining a good bike and expensive holiday.

+1 clever Germans.

Andituk

18 Bikes rent them out, which I thought was an excellent idea, as they’re a lot of money if you don’t use them that often.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Evoc bike – great product’ is closed to new replies.