Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Evoc bike bag on a train?
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Next week i will be taking my bike in an evoc bag on the train to London (virgin west coast mainline)…will this be ok to take on and put in the luggage rack or do i need to see about putting it in the guards van?

anotherstan
    Free Member

i’ve taken bike bags on the train to manchester airport many times without incident, only from leeds mind. might be tough to fit it into one of the luggage racks though.
    i generally leave it in the entrance vestibule and take a seat where i can keep an eye on it. could be a problem if you’re travelling all the way from the north of scotland, but not too bad if you get on at watford 😕

saxabar
    Free Member

They will carry it as it is no longer a bike but a large luggage item. To make the train managers life easier though get on at the end of the train so s/he can stick it in the van.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, i’m getting on in Glasgow so at least the train wont already be full.

Bit paranoid about putting it in the guards van as i dont think you are allowed to lock things in there and it will be out of sight 😕

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Evoc bike bag on a train?’ is closed to new replies.