Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Evoc bike bag; normal vs pro
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Going to the alps in June so need a bike bag and looking at the evoc models as they seem popular. It has to fit an XL full sus 29er so I’m pretty limited on which bags will work as far as I can see. Is the pro model of the evoc bag worth it over the standard model? I’m not hugely fussed about how easy it is to get around airports, more the protection for the bike inside.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have an older standard, works fine up to 60 ish planes for it so far and no issues.

I’m not hugely fussed about how easy it is to get around airports, more the protection for the bike inside.

The ease of movement does actually mean it’s handled better in my experience, I’m less likely to fling it around as it’s easy to haul with a few other bags.
    My mate fits an xl trigger 29r is his fine too. The wheels support it vertically, the rigid base stops the stays/fork squash and the straps mean things don’t move and rub. I sometimes throw a towel or sheet in but that’s it. Can’t see much more the pro could offer.

Gotama
    Free Member

Thanks Mike. Struggling to see much difference between the two on the evoc website apart from a few ‘improvements’ which don’t seem worth the extra to me. Good to know it fits a big 29er without fuss too.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have one of the old ones and have seen the improvements of the Pro version. I’d say they are nice refinements of a good design but I wouldn’t pay much of a premium over the standard bag

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It will depend on the bike 😉 I think the newer ones have slightly bigger wheel pockets as a big tyre on a 29 was tight.

MSP

I just bought a standard one, fits an xl enduro 29er, just. I have to deflate the rear shock, and tires to fit it in, also have to remove the rear mech, but probably sensible to do so anyway.

warns74
    Free Member

I could get my XL stumpy FSR 29er in my evoc bag without any issues. You will likely have to remove the rear mech, (although a good idea to do that anyway) and tyres can be a bit tight in the wheel pockets, (HR IIs 29×2.3) but it all fits with a bit of practice.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m about to buy a couple of pros after an extensive conversation with the UK brand manager. Sounds like the base is stiffer so offers more protection and the aluminium sliders on the base aid movement as well. Also, internal strapping is more flexible than on the standard bag so will hold oddball frames more securely.

Gotama
    Free Member

Interesting. It’s for a Banshee Prime so a pretty long bike but should just fit by the sounds of it. Agreed that removing the rear mech seems sensible anyway. Other option at a similar price seems to be the polaris axial albeit not as readily available.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Evoc bike bag; normal vs pro’ is closed to new replies.