Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Evoc Bike Bag and 2006 ford focus
  • anto164
    Free Member

Going the Alps in a few weeks, and looking to those people who have used an evoc bike bag and put in in the boot of a mk2 ford focus.

I’m looking to see whether it’d fit in, and whether it will go in with having one of the rear seats up in the back of the car. (There may be 3 of us in the one car, just one bike bag.

Advice greatly appreciated.

nosedive
    Free Member

I think you are going to struggle. When my evoc bike bag is fully loaded i have to have both seats down in the back of an A6 estate to get the bag in. I dont think you will get away with having just one of the seats folded

z1ppy

Nosedive +1
    I reckon you’d fit the bike in easily enough, just not the bike bag too

nosedive
    Free Member

you can roll the evoc up, and it takes substantially less space, you might get away with having the bike and bag both stuffed into the car but put the bike in the bag at the airport

Onzadog
    Free Member

We got two evoc bike bags upright in the back of a 98 corolla. Pretty sure the focus is bigger.

anto164
    Free Member

I’m pretty happy.. Just loaded the bike bag up and chucked it in the back of the car..

It FITS!

5mm longer and it wouldn’t though!! And yes, the boot closes 🙂

honourablegeorge

Just be careful where your stem is – have seen rear screen shatter because of a stem protruding at the top of a bag.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Looks like he’s got the stem behind the drivers head there.

anto164
    Free Member

Correct. Front of the bike is at the back of the drivers seat. The back of the bag is where the wheels/rear end of the bike is.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Which is how I used to carry them without a bag when I had a focus.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Evoc Bike Bag and 2006 ford focus’ is closed to new replies.