• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • evoc
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Have bought a few Camelbak/Dakine/Deuter hydration packs over the years no real problems with any of them but I need a new one and thought about evoc.

Just wondered if anyone had one whaddyathinkaboutit etc

I dont need an all day pack just something for the essentials & 2/3 litres drink but if it could carry a ff and a bit of armour that would be a bonus

Cheers

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

If there are anywhere as well thought out as the bike bags they should be pretty good!

alpin
    Free Member

I’ve got the 20ltr freeride pack. More than happy with it. Large waist band means the pack stays in place. Back protector isn’t noticeable when being worn and is very lightweight.

Buy it. You’ll be happy with it!

gonzy
    Free Member

have you considered the camelbak havoc?
    i’ve had one for over 6 years and its in perfect condition considering the abuse its had. enough space for a 3 litre bladder, my tools, spare tubes, pump, food, clothes, first aid kit. on the outside the outer pocket easily carries a full face lid and there are straps on the bottom of the bag for your knee/shin guards.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I too have the 20L Freeride Trail and its great. The only thing I found is that they are quite narrow and long, this means that it has to sit on my back lower than my old dakine and I have the shoulder straps looser. This is because when I look up my helmet hits it and I find that annoying. It hasn’t caused any stability problems thanks to the massive waist band.

rocketman
    Free Member

The length might be a bonus tbh. Do you think it’s long enough to get a 350mm seatpost in?

Thanks for the Havoc suggestion will have a look at that as well

gonzy
    Free Member

rocketman – ive managed to stuff a 425mm seat post in the havoc.
    elsimmundo is selling one on here for £35 inc postage.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would say so.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thought I would say that in my freeride trail I just managed to get 2 six packs of coke 2 big bottles of leffe and a bottle of wine. All that on top of a full 3l bladder. And there was still room for more! The bag was still stable and partially thanks to the back protector reasonably comfortable.

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve got the 30L Freeride trail and love it. I tend to use my Lobo more as it’s a lot smaller but the Evoc just fits sooo much better. The waist strap holds everything much more securely, the pockets are really well thought out and the back protector is a great bonus too. Plus it’s designed to hold a full face helmet/armour externally via adjustable straps.

What’s not to like (except the price but I got it in a sale)?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘evoc’ is closed to new replies.