Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Evil Sovereign dropout bolt question
  • nick1962
    Free Member

Do you leave these bolts on the dropouts when you run gears like this

Or take them off like this?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I found they kept working loose and rattling so I removed mine. The dropouts have never moved.

Crell
    Free Member

Can’t see the first pic, but mine has a third black bolt in where you have none in the second pic

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

leave mine in, so i know where they are. If I took them out I’d loose them. 😕

nick1962
    Free Member

Cheers Craig that’s what I thought. Nice bike BTW.
    Should I wait for a few contradictory answers with explanations backed up by the Laws of Physics and science then a few “real world” answers from “real world” riders then an interventon from someone who once met an an engineer in a pub and who knows for a fact I will die if I ride it without them .Then it all degenerates into a huge slanging match with personal insults being hurled across the interweb-it’s the STW way!

craigxxl
    Free Member

The nut they screw through has movement which if you over tighten the bolt will push the end of the bolt off the sliding dropout. You only need it to fine tune the wheel alignment.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I took mine off and bagged them. You only want them if you are using the horizontal dropouts to tension the chain for a singlespeed or hub gear.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Evil Sovereign dropout bolt question’ is closed to new replies.