Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Evil Sheriff Duathlon – Sherwood Pines – Sunday
  • StuF

Anyone else doing it – wonder if it will have dried out by sunday?

swoosh
    Free Member

Not doing it this year but did it a few years ago – pretty well organised event. It’s run under the British Triathlon rules so it’s a bit more strict than the events I normally do (24hr mtb/marathons). On entering the transition area for the second time I started to take my helmet off to save a couple of seconds or so, but was told in no uncertain terms that I was not to take my helmet off until I reached my area even though all i was doing was walking with the bike. Wouldn’t stop me doing the event again though.

As for drying out – it might dry out ok so long as the rain we have at the moment stops today. It’s quite quick draining up at the Pines.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

StuF

I’ve done it the last couple of years and got free entry to this one as there was a mix up on the number of laps last year.

Should be good and an excuse to eat cake afterwards 😀

dawson

I was there today, some bits are like a swamp, looks like they have been doing some work on the drainage channels on the red trail in places too – wheel swallowing gullies that run parallel to the trail.

Absolutely pi55ed it down – good luck 😉

StuF

Cheers, it wasn’t too bad, a few muddy bits but no where as bad as it could be. A big thanks to the two lads waiting for their friend who gave me a tube at about the furthest point from the start.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Evil Sheriff Duathlon – Sherwood Pines – Sunday’ is closed to new replies.