Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Evie Alice Richards
  • Premier Icon qwerty
    Free Member

Unless I’m missing it, we don’t seem to have a thread dedicated to GBR’s first XCO World Champion, an awesome performance & result!!!

🥇

Lucky* 13!!!

* hard earnt & well deserved.

#thatsmile

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

By heck.. Well done

Premier Icon DickBarton

Fantastic result, well deserved as that appears to have been a brilliant ride!

Premier Icon theotherjonv

Yes, brilliant. And if Tim Podcock hadn’t been doing the Vuelta we’d very possibly be holding both men’s and women’s titles.

You are missing it though, it’s  ‘hidden’ in the how to watch the WC thread

Premier Icon itchy99

Glad somebody else noticed…

However this is not the forum to come to for MTB news. Politics, Volkswagon T5s etc maybe, but certainly not anything remotely important in UK MTB land.

Premier Icon doomanic

However this is not the forum to come to for MTB news. Politics, Volkswagon T5s etc maybe,

And gravel.

I’m amazed there’s nothing on the home page about it.

Premier Icon allanoleary

Dammit…. spoiler alert in the title needed!

I was planning to catch up on the XCO later today. Facebook ruined the men’s result for me

Premier Icon Kuco

Watched it yesterday great to see Evie win.

Premier Icon spanishfly

She absolutely dominated the 2nd half of the race. History made

Great to see the respect PFP gave to her post race.

Hopefully the start of more success at the Olympic length races in the future.

Premier Icon mrlebowski
    Free Member

Not quite sure what to say. She’d put in some good turns during the season but I’m not sure anyone saw this coming, epic result!

Premier Icon markgraylish
    Free Member

And she very nearly got the gold in XCC event as well, just missing out by half a wheel length in the sprint…
    Great performance Evie!

Premier Icon branes

Yes it’s amazing isn’t it? I love the way she races – just looks like she is absolutely smashing it for the entire race, no letting up even with the line in sight and no one in sight behind her.

Premier Icon john_l

She’s awesome!

Although, I can’t help seeing Evil Eddie Richards every time I see her Insta.

Premier Icon mt
    Free Member

brilliant, great ride and a pleasure to watch. Its about time we got a it of XC success given the talent we have around.

Premier Icon Stiggy

Although, I can’t help seeing Evil Eddie Richards every time I see her Insta.

Haha! Good work

Premier Icon mick_r

Amazing milestone for GB MTB! And lovely to see T-Mo up on the course encouraging and giving time checks – top coach (feeling old where we remember Tracey at the races as an unsponsored teenager… ).

Getting a bit bored of the spoiler moaning. It is an mtb website. Don’t visit if you don’t want the news. How long should people wait for you to be bothered to watch the telly?

Premier Icon Frankers

I’m a bit confused can someone explain what Evie has won? I have been following the World Cup which Loana Lecomte has been leading the points. Is this a different competition?

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

Each year there is a single World Championship race across all the UCI cycling disciplines (road, MTB, BMX etc,.). The winner is that years world champion and they get to wear the rainbow stripes on their jersey.

Premier Icon wipperman95
    Free Member

Absolutely fabulous result!! Great ride, kept her own pace, and gradually caught PF-P, and was technically brilliant. Hard work paying off!! And finished with her trademark smile and the usual modest interview…..

With having XCO World & Olympic champions, it would be nice to somehow host a XCO World Cup round.

Premier Icon wordnumb
    Free Member

Watching the replay now. Amusing to hear Warner refer to Prevot as the outgoing champ the moment Richards passed her in the second lap. He corrected himself very quickly but he’s getting better at predicting these races.

Premier Icon tenfoot

Absolutely amazing ride. I thought she wouldn’t be properly recovered from the monumental effort she put in for the short track, but I was glad to be wrong.

Absolute superstar.

Getting a bit bored of the spoiler moaning. It is an mtb website. Don’t visit if you don’t want the news

Agreed.

Premier Icon ahsat

Absolutely over the moon with this result. So inspiring to see British woman at the top of the field.

Premier Icon letmetalktomark

It was great to see that she had one but I’m lost as to where I can watch a replay – says georestricted on the Redbull App …..

Premier Icon baldiebenty
    Free Member

It’s on IPlayer

Premier Icon Kryton57

And GCN+

Premier Icon letmetalktomark

Bawls.

About the only place I didn’t check!

Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

With having XCO World & Olympic champions, it would be nice to somehow host a XCO World Cup round.

Given that we have a pretty much guaranteed downhill race every year (covid aside) I think it would have to be done at Fort William as a double header arrangement – does Fort Bill have the ability and inclination to create/host such a track?

And if Tim Podcock hadn’t been doing the Vuelta we’d very possibly be holding both men’s and women’s titles.

Sadly not, bizarre rule that forces anyone under 23 to enter the U23 race for World Champs. See also Loanna Leconte.

Premier Icon snotrag

Last UCI XC round in the UK was at Dalby – and it was great. I’d love it to be at Dalby again.

Premier Icon hooli
    Free Member

Great to see, she always seem to be upbeat and smiling no matter what is going on.

Premier Icon sotonkona

Watched this yesterday, Evie absolutely smashed it. From the very start she was on the gas and had the tactics nailed. Takes some incredible stamina and bike skills to keep at that pace for the whole race. A thoroughly well deserved win. Looking forward to the next couple of WC races.

Premier Icon hels
    Free Member

The last MTB world champs in UK was in Fort William and it was awesome! All the cycling world champs are in Glasgow in 2023, I imagine the DH will be at Fort William as you need a mechanical uplift.

Premier Icon Yak

Awesome ride by Evie – just brilliant.

– does Fort Bill have the ability and inclination to create/host such a track?

2007 world champs were there, the legacy being the some of the trails there now – Witches etc.

So yeah, it’s got to be near perfect with some old stuff + some fresh cut new stuff to suit the modern xco standards. The arena/event village is sorted too.

Premier Icon fingerbang
    Free Member

yeah, when Fort Bill had the World champs on 2007 they did the XC on a variation largely based on the Witches Trails IIRC

Premier Icon allanoleary

Getting a bit bored of the spoiler moaning.

That was the following morning. But obviously this wouldn’t be STW without someone having a dig at someone else

Premier Icon Kryton57

So yeah, it’s got to be near perfect with some old stuff + some fresh cut new stuff to suit the modern xco standards. The arena/event village is sorted too.

Not forgetting Hadleigh, that could be reused.

Premier Icon steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m amazed there’s nothing on the home page about it.

Are you really, it doesn’t fit with the ethos of here does it.

Dammit…. spoiler alert in the title needed!

I do hope you never look at social media or watch the news, or you entire life would be spoilt 😀

Free Member

My point was that looking at the general format of world cup races (2022 below) the only way a country* gets to have both XC and DH is to have them together.
    As Fort William is fairly established as an every year event I don’t see that getting given up, and while I have ridden both Hadleigh and Dalby and see their merits for XC I somehow can’t picture them pulling off a 4 minute downhill course.

*I note they describe FW as Scotland, not UK…

2022 Downhill World Cup Calendar
    26-27 March: Lourdes, France
    21-22 May: Fort William, Scotland
    10-12 June: Leogang, Austria
    8-10 July: TBC
    15-17 July: Vallnord, Andorra
    29-31 July: Snowshoe, U.S.A
    5-7 August: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada
    2-4 September: Val di Sole, Italy

2022 Cross-Country World Cup Calendar
    8-10 April: Petropolis, Brazil
    6-8 May: Albstadt, Germany
    13-15 May: Nove Mesto Na Morave, Czech Republic
    10-12 June: Leogang, Austria
    8-10 July: TBC
    15-17 July: Vallnord, Andorra
    29-31 July: Snowshoe, U.S.A
    5-7 August: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada
    2-4 September: Val di Sole, Italy

However, note the addition of a new venue in Petropolis, Brazil. The first ever in South America? or the first for a long while.
    Would imagine a large part of that to be down to Henrique Avancini.
    Having Richards and Pidcock as reasonable podium contenders (in the very least) every race could give a boost for a UK round.

Premier Icon big_n_daft
    Free Member

Not forgetting Hadleigh, that could be reused

They would have to add a lot, XCO has moved on

Premier Icon grtdkad

Awesome ride – a monumental effort to dominate with a >60s win. Perfect.

I note they describe FW as Scotland

Yeah. Just checked for you, Fort William is still definitely in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Free Member

Yeah. Just checked for you, Fort William is still definitely in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It is on my map too 🙂

But we seem to compete as “team GB” with support or otherwise from “British cycling”.

As it seems every country gets (at most) one event, it does seem to be pertinent to decide if FW is the “Scottish round” or the “British round” of the WCDH circuit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.