• This topic has 206 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 207 total)
  • Everyone playing?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WHAMAGEDDON, that is.

null

timidwheeler

I’m in.

malgrey
    Free Member

Given that I have to visit retailers and shopping centres for work right now, I give myself little chance of getting to the end of tomorrow….but what the heck, I’m in.
    Normal town centre trips are almost over for the year, it’ll all be down to the music choice of a certain out-of-town outdoor retailer I’m helping re-fixture for the next 10 days.

Oh shit, I listen to the radio in the car too.

kneed

Damn – heard it about 15 mins ago. Which made my day sink to a low: but this is just adding insult to injury!

senorj

Wham!

scaredypants

I’m in
    Meal out on the 12th; get through that and I think I’m on for the WIN !!

benv
    Free Member

I don’t get it, why deprive yourself?

#whamageddon

brownsauce
    Free Member

Theres not a sniff of anyone making it to xmas eve unless you spend the next 24 days in a sensory deprivation tank lol

Pyro

I survived last year, much to the annoyance of my partner, who seemed to hear it every day…

matt_outandabout

Game on.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Game on, I survived last year.

frankconway

I’m in; now, where are those noise cancelling headphones?

bsims
    Free Member

Already out. We had a early present opening for Mini, Micro and their cousins today as they are never together at Christmas. It was the first song that come on in the YouTube Christmas selection.

pondo

In.

maycontainnuts

In, and also out.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bring it!

eulach

c’mon, everyone loves George. Really, inside, it just takes balls to admit it.

edit: In btw.

sirromj

In but not feeling confident; there’s already been talk of the so called “need” of Christmas songs last week at work.

welshfarmer

If I can get though this week I am on a week long advanced chainsaw course all next week. Chances of hearing anything there are zero. And radio reception round here is so bad no chance in the van either 🙂 However, I bet I don’t make it though this week!

easily
    Free Member

In, but I don’t fancy my chances.

jeffl

I’m in.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

In….

For now!

zippykona

Feel free to do all your christmas shopping in my shop.

WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING ANY CHRISTMAS SONG THAT HAS CHARTED.

Ps I’m in. Christmas  shopping tomorrow, wish me luck.

TedC

Was out before it even started, 5hrs in A&E on Saturday afternoon with Magic FM (do you even need an FM when it’s via the interwebs) being piped in playing nothing but Christmas tunes, think we heard everything at least twice…

ocrider

Monday morning, five to eight on 5Live…. I’m out.

martinhutch

5hrs in A&E on Saturday afternoon with Magic FM

That’s one way to discourage people from frivolous visits to A&E.

I’m in – all my Christmas shopping is done, except for food. The risk of 5Live exposure is a bit worrying though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Most of my daytime radio is either Planet Rock or Radio 3.

Quietly confident.

FuzzyWuzzy

Damn – was on the radio at 6am this morning 🙁

avdave2

Theres not a sniff of anyone making it to xmas eve unless you spend the next 24 days in a sensory deprivation tank lol

Or the drunk tank

precutduck
    Free Member

Forgot this game existed, and listened to the song Saturday.

Drac

Saturday was still November Precut

welshfarmer

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

just flicked on the iplayer to listen to Radio 2 this morning and after an age to load due to slow internet the very first words I hear are “and the very next day, you gave it away.”

so i’m out 🙁

precutduck
    Free Member

Saturday was still November Precut

Ooooh good point, a loop hole to see me through. It’s out my system and I can try my best.

bikebouy
    Free Member

In.

So is the wife.. surprised she was so keen, but there you go..

We are also playing the “who hears Fairy Tail in New York” for full jeopardy.. (cos’ if ones on, surely the other will follow)

DezB
    Free Member

Only danger is if i go in the local hypermarket. Shop is so massive that if the song started there’s no way id get out before the chorus. Headphones must be remembered if i go in there… apart from that I never listen the the radio, so I reckon I can make it.

ps. is senor j thinking there’s an autoplay function on the forum??

edlong
    Free Member

I’m in.

theotherjonv

Just for clarity – it’s as soon as you recognise the song? @DezB seems to suggest it’s chorus only, or are you saying you wouldn’t recognize it until the chorus?

In a way that would be even funnier – seeing people legging it out of shops leaving families and trolleys stranded at the first few (very recognisable) notes to avoid hearing the chorus. And you’d need to be quick as it’s 2 choruses before the verse so you only have the intro to find cover. Seconds, probably (I would play it to check but that would be like being a suicide Whammer)

docrobster
    Free Member

So far so good. I doubt I’ll make it past the work Christmas do on Saturday though

tnrbilly
    Free Member

I’m in. And still in.

DezB
    Free Member

@DezB seems to suggest it’s chorus only

“Shop is so massive there’s no way I’d get out before the chorus” – just meant I’d hear it, the shop is big.
    Rule states you’re out as soon as you recognise the song, which is probably about the first 2 notes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Everyone playing?’ is closed to new replies.